620 Pioneer Battalion Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

620 Pioneer Battalion Boards

I found these at the SOS. They are all black based, not dark green. The piping is black rayon. Were such boards worn with a black panzer tunic?

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Bob,

Is it possible to see the undersides too? I take your word for it, but it's still nice to see the construction style. Your premise sounds reasonable, definitely something to consider. I don't know what else they could be for, have you looked up the history of the 620th to see if they were an armored unit?

Richard

Comment

I looked quickly but couldn't find a unit to match these straps.

Comment

There are two Pioniere Stabs matching 620 but that would not explain the black board bodies. The last choice but there is little info on the unit would be:

Gepanzerte Munitions-Transport Abteilung 620

I would normally think this would be Nachschub but there is a transport unit with a 620 designator that was formed earlier. The armored unit was only in existence 40-41 which was the time there were a lot of experiments with Pioneres using modified tanks with lots of explosives etc. Maybe Bob Edwards or Mike Pruett know more. Nice boards.

Comment

Verso
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Those look as good from the rear. Private purchase. If the numbers are period applied I bet they are for that unit, ask Bob or Mike.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for showing the backsides, I agree with Johnny, nice private purchase boards, I would follow the panzer angle. Congratulations.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X