Tunic for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic for review

This was offered on another forum (gun related) that I belong to. The guy could not post photos but emailed them to me. He says another guy is ahead of me in line, so it may all be academic to me anyway. In any case, here is the kicker... he offered this tunic with the belt for $400US. Has anybody seen these photos before? This is obviously too good to be true, but would like to know if anyone can prove it is a scam?
    Attached Files

ntxt
    Attached Files

Comment

ntxt
      Attached Files

Comment

ntxt
        Attached Files

Comment

ntxt
          Attached Files

Comment

ntxt
            Attached Files

Comment

It's an original Dutch manufactured jacket...A bargain at $400 but like you,I would also be nervous.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hello:
                $400 is good but please post fotos of straps and tabs for better review. Fotos you have do not tell everything. Kind regards,
                Francisco

Comment

Here is one of the boards, you can see the tabs a little bit. This is all I have.
                  Attached Files

Comment

At that price I'd be nervous about a scam as well. You could well end up being a recipient of a used bath towel sent in the mail.

If buyer #1 backs out, I'd ask him for a photo with the front page of today's paper shown alongside. At least you'd know he has the uniform and didn't just lift the photos from a website.

Paul

Comment

I thought I say this tunic but it was not the same I looked. The chevron is probably added or it is all put together but the base tunic is real. What I usually do is have a friend from another part of the US contact them and say they want to buy it etc. If he tells both of you to send payment you know it is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        I thought I say this tunic but it was not the same I looked. The chevron is probably added or it is all put together but the base tunic is real. What I usually do is have a friend from another part of the US contact them and say they want to buy it etc. If he tells both of you to send payment you know it is BS.
                        That is good advice, I must remember that. It is actually a nice looking tunic.Jacques

Comment

I just noted my typo, should be saw not "say". It is a nice one, for that price well worth it even with the chevron and if the tress is post War added.

The two buyer trick works well and I have caught a couple scams doing that. It might be real, 400 bucks is a lot of money for "that stinky old coat in the garage your brother brought back from the War". Some people do not know the values or what crazy people will pay for stinky ol' coats.

Comment

The two buyer trick is a good one. I'll have to remember it...unless we've already raised notice to prospective scammers.

The photos themselves don't give me the feeling of being taken by someone clueless to the collector value of this item. He knows what details are of interest and the photo quality is good.

Paul

Comment

It might be a seller, using pictures of a tunic that he does not own or have in his possession. He could have gotten the pics from anywhere. Better be safe than sorry. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X