Scalloped General's Shoulderboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalloped General's Shoulderboards

Sorry, all - no photos, but I saw a set at the SOS for a General der Infanterie that had the underside (red base) of the boards contoured in a scalloped design so that the red wouldn't really show when it would have been on a tunic. Only the braaid would show. They were constructed this way. My question is has anyone seen originals done like that?

Don

Yes, I have, on an early 1930's era tunic...

Tom

Comment

And some mid-late German Imperial general tunics.

Comment

Thanks, gentlemen.

Don

Comment

tgn or federico , or anyone else for that matter, do you have any pics of tunics with this kind of boards?

Comment

Don,

As TGN noted, boards with those characteristics are early boards...in Angolia's book it states an order introduced on July 22, 1927 specifying the non-visible red underlay. The order was replaced sometime in 35/36 and changed to the visible red underlay we are all used to seeing.

JG51,

There are examples shown on my site, including one to a Generalfeldmarschall. Go to www.themarshalsbaton.com and visit the section on Heer General Officers insignia.

Mike

Comment

Hello Don, that is fine. There are pictures in the RH book by Krause showing these I will send you a scan (fir a dolla)

Comment

Originally posted by GFM View Post

JG51,

There are examples shown on my site, including one to a Generalfeldmarschall. Go to www.themarshalsbaton.com and visit the section on Heer General Officers insignia.

Mike
                Thanks

Comment

You can also see an Imperial German set in this configuration at Saxonia Militaria website, item A17......http://www.saxoniamilitaria.com/Uniforms.html

Hope it helps, but to be frank, with the treasure cove of the Marshals Baton site, you don't have to look in any other direction, the visual information and specimen collection of all the branches is just superb, I must take this opportunity to thank Mike for that specialized reference archive.

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                    You can also see an Imperial German set in this configuration at Saxonia Militaria website, item A17......http://www.saxoniamilitaria.com/Uniforms.html

Hope it helps, but to be frank, with the treasure cove of the Marshals Baton site, you don't have to look in any other direction, the visual information and specimen collection of all the branches is just superb, I must take this opportunity to thank Mike for that specialized reference archive.
                    Does Mike pay you for this or is it free?

Comment

That last post was a joke but i guess it could be taken as sarcastic. I am sure Mike is a great guy and he knows a lot about anything related to General Officers insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        Does Mike pay you for this or is it free?

I do it because this gentelman has taken the time and effort to make a virtual library of German general insignias and uniforms of all the branches, he don't charge a penny for anyone to look at it as a reference and a lot of the items there belong to some respected and long time contributors to this forum.

And Mike don't pay me a PENNY or ASK me for any endorsement to his website, I do it from my own free WILL, hope it's clear.

Comment

I do it because this gentelman has taken the time and effort to make a virtual library of German general insignias and uniforms of all the branches, he don't charge a penny for anyone to look at it as a reference and a lot of the items there belong to some respected and long time contributors to this forum.

And Mike don't pay me a PENNY or ASK me for any endorsement to his website, I do it from my own free WILL, hope it's clear.
                          Claro, con gusto- perfectamente

Comment

Those bavarian boards looks nice Thanks for the link

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X