Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with afriks cuff title

HEY GUYS

Hope everyone had a great SOS as I sure did. I have been looking through the forum section looking for example of Afrika cuff titles, and I haven't found two many. I picked this one up at the SOS had Walter Dudgeon, and a few other guys look at it, and they all liked it. Still trying to learn on these, and was wondering what you all thought. Any info would be helpful. Thanks .

Spencer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spencer Victory; 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spencer, Sorry but this is a FAKE.

Another 'Tartan backed' fake. There was one of these posted in the last week or two, and its a shame to see another one asking the same question so soon.

Mind you I posted dumbass posts when I joined, so no criticism, just do as I was told, try searching old threads before posting something as common as this. I'm suprised you could'nt find any, did you look for Afrikakorps CT?

I see you bought it at the SOS and some people said it was good, DOH!!!

JerryB

Comment

HEY JERRY

Thanks for your info. I looked through the forum, and most of the cuff titles I was finding where the customs made Afrika Cuff title. Can you point out what is the biggest tell tell sign on these. Also. Can you post a nice original so I can study it. Thanks.

Spencer

Comment

Help with afrikakorps cuff title

Detail.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The "R" & "P".
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lettering.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Here's a few neat "AFRIKAKORPS" c.t.'s.

I hope you enjoy.

C.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                          On originals the weave on the back looks like a herring bone pattern all the way along it's length, while on the fakes the pattern changes behind the lettering.

JerryB
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Guys

Thanks a mill for the lesson I learned a tun from this. I see what you guys are saying. Well I guess I lost on this one, but this will be a huge help for my next purchase. Thanks for taking the time to share some knowledge.

Spencer

Comment

Hi Spencer

Agree yours is the classic fake from the 70's with the tarten weave on the letters on the reverse side, there are other "tells" but the tartan weave is the easy way to tell. The O interior is diamond shaped on the reverse on the fakes while oval shaped on originals. The F arms are much longer on fakes than originals.
                              Would also mention the R & P holes can be the same size unlike the square and rectangle shape demonstrated by Christopher's example....so that is not a good way to judge them , contrary to the school of thought for many years.

Here is another early original from the reverse...

Would be curious as to who said your CT was good ? As its not even close.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X