opinions on some eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on some eagles

Hi Forum friends, I've got no knowledge on insignia or what to look for to ensure something is authentic WW2. I have been offered some nice eagles that I'd like to add to my humble collection, but would appreciate some opinions, I have no reason to doubt them, but need some help and support from expereinced cloth guys. Don't want to be buying items from pakistan.
    all help much appreciated

thanks Neil
    Attached Files

rear

and the backs ( sorry about sticker prices on them) hope their is enough to tell
    Attached Files

Comment

The luft looks good to me. I have no idea on the others though. Maybe someone else can help.

Comment

The SS is fake, the luft looks okay, I would not buy the others either
        DaveJ

Comment

Hi, I think the police and maybe the SS are good, but I'm better on Heer, so I can't say 100%. The luft I don't like, because of the wing highlight thread construction. The other one is beyond my knowledge, but looks pretty feckin awful to my eyes, though might be good. Just my opinion!

JerryB

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the input so far, think I need a good few more opinions , as I got a mixed bag of results so far.

Comment

The SS is fake. The gold bird reminds me of a car wreck... it's so ugly you can't help but stare at it. I don't know anything about police and am not sure about the luft, but I would avoid them just because of the mixed reactions on them so far. It would not be that hard to find good ones that you don't have doubts about.

Comment

The gold one is horrible and i also don't like the police one. LW looks okay IMO
                I wouldn't want to have the both at the bottom.

Regards

Comment

eagles

The gold eagle could have been made in France during the war. It looks simular to one that I purchased from Walter Dudgeon at the Max last year. I too had my doughts about it. Walter assured me that it was a private purchase in france during the war. My naval officers eagle is very stunning to look at, many types of bullion, cellon, and metal make up the eagle. I would contact Walter at www.walterdudgeon.com and send him some pictures of the gold eagle. He is a great guy, and will help you out. smitty.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
                    The gold eagle could have been made in France during the war.
                    You may be right, I'm no expert, but in my opinion if a Frenchman made that bird he was only posing as a collaborator and was really part of the resistance. The seldom heard of "Make the Germans Look Bad" branch.

Comment

Originally posted by robcox1 View Post
                      The gold bird reminds me of a car wreck... it's so ugly you can't help but stare at it.

Well put. I agree. A v-e-r-y bad repro.

Shawn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X