Tunic WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic WW2

Does anyone have any ideas on this tunic? have not seen one like this before.
    cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WW2-German-Su...item53dfbb45b3

junk, IMO....

Comment

tunic

The seller says it all

Comment

Fabric seems to have a lot of wear and fading from BEFORE it was made into a uniform. There was some legit theater made stuff, but I wouldn't think they would ever START with worn fabric to make one.

Comment

It actually appears to be real but the pictures are not good enough to tell for sure, I have a couple like this and some people seemed to like the worn fabric. To see a field grey collar used is fairly rare but did happen.

Comment

Here is one that was made from heavily worn tent halves-
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              I agree with Johny, the post starting tunic looks good to me as does the other example posted. With the first one I could'nt see where the eagle should have been from the pics, but I thought it was good.

jerryB

Comment

The eagle is there, he photoshoped it out for Ebay, you can see the sewing for the wing tip in the interior photo-
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Johnny. I've never seen one for this low a rank before, mostly I've seen officers or senior Nco's.

It has an odd cut/construction to it and the chevron looks like it might have been addded later.

JerryB

Comment

I have seen them for Corporals before, probably soldiers on staffs or rear service etc. I think an EM in a line unit would have a tough time getting away with this.

Comment

Personally I don't think the tunic and the collar started their lives together. I would say the original collar was removed at some stage and replaced with the existing one. When? I would vote post war. Jacques

Comment

Here are some more pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

collar
                          Attached Files

Comment

close
                            Attached Files

Comment

Under the hood
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X