Luft Musician Boards - Opinions Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Musician Boards - Opinions Requested

Your opinions on these boards, please. Obviously, the tress is not the Luft pattern. Bad lighting. The color is not quite so blue in hand. Thanks!

Shawn
    Attached Files

Another photo

Attached Files

Comment

Luft boards

Attached Files

Comment

Luft boards

.....Final. Thanks for your opinions on these straps.
        Attached Files

Comment

The embroidery looks sort of strange, is that what you see Shawn? Are the boards really small as well? They look odd but maybe that is just the size.

Comment

Embroidery

The embroidery is really well done when these are in hand. My quick photos don't do that aspect justice. The Heer pattern tress is what concerns me. Perhaps they're fine other than that. That would possibly explain why they were unissued. As for the length, I will measure then and post that information a little later tonight. Thanks John.

Shawn

Comment

Strange, but I like them.

Comment

What I mean the embroidery looks odd but probably only because the boards seem to be very small. The tress, it happened etc. Paul R. is the man with these sorts of esoteric points that only a man trapped below decks for 9 months of the year would know about

Comment

The embroidery technique looks remarkably similar to the one on this Panzer wrapper.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...5&postcount=15

Comment

Wow!

Holy smokes!!! How did I miss that!?

Comment

Strange

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                      Strange, but I like them.
                      That was what the dealer said when I plopped out both testicles to gauge his interest in a straight up trade for the HG Musikmeister boards in the other post Paul. Ultimately though I only had to give my left leg. The wooden peg leg will soon be ready and perhaps you can find me a spot on your ship. I come with my own parrot and eye patch.

Comment

Board size

John:

They do look small in the photos, but in hand ....wait a minuted...let me re-phrase. I believe your observation is at least partly due to the perspective. But they are a bit stubby.

Comment

I think the embroidery looks fine, typical for a tailored piece. If the boards are short they were just for a small tunic. I have a pair of HG boards that are tiny.

They are a little peculiar, but maybe the tailor only had the Heer style tresse. I think they pass muster fine. Try and find another set.

Richard

Comment

hhheheheheheh

Beautiful. That would make a great tunic project.

Comment

Shawn,

I would not worry about the size of the boards as I have had some originals in my colleciton that appear to only fit a child, but they were good. As for the embroidery, it looks fine. Additionally, I wold not worry about the tresse.

The musik straps I own (Luft signal) and all others I have seen have the metal lyre affixed to it/them. The pair you picture here is only the 2nd pair of embroidered musik straps I have seen, the other being on a Luftwaffe NCO band uniform which recently sold on Regimentals.

Gary B
                              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X