Herman Goring Panzer Tabs Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herman Goring Panzer Tabs Opinions

I received these tabs as a Christmas gift from by best friend/fellow collector. My main collecting focus is SS tabs and shoulder straps, Luftwaffe items are not my area of expertise. I've searched the forum and found a few old images matching what I have as well they're vaguely described in the book "HERMANN GÖRING: FROM REGIMENT TO FALLSCHIRMPANZERKORPS". Can anyone out there offer me more info? Thanks.

Dave
    Attached Files

and the backs
    Attached Files

Comment

skulls are repro in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
        I agree with you...

Tom

Comment

I dont like also the tabs,in my opinion is the czek Republic production.
          I'm sorry.
          Bonneville

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys. I always had a hint of doubt about these tabs but I didn't know why, now they're being confirmed. As I mentioned I'm not overly familiar with collecting items other than SS, could one of you guys maybe PM me and give me a heads up on what it is on these sculls that gives them away as fakes so I don't get duped again in the future.

Dave

Comment

You will find this special kind of skull on many fakes and repros. Not really bad quality but easy to recognize because of the 3 round prongs.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                Tabs as well.
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Now I'm in an awkward spot, as I stated earlier these were a Christmas gift from my friend who is also collector, well lets say he's more of a collecting enthusiast. I'm also friends with the dealer he bought them from and I'm sure he wouldn't have sold these tabs if he thought they were fakes. How do I tell my best friend that I had doubts about the tabs he gave me and so posted them here and that he got taken, I don't want the seem ungrateful to my friend, it was a very generous gift. Was I just better off not knowing? They say ignorance is bliss...

Dave

Comment

Dave, I think your friend needs to know so he is cautious if he buys from that dealer again.

I agree the tabs are fake.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Dave, I am sorry for the bad news, here a original to compare.
                      Luca
                      Attached Files
                      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks for the image Luca, that's the first really good pic of an original for me and I can now clearly see the differences.

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X