No announcement yet.

Piped Pioneer Hauptmann Walking Out Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad he did not sign the entries for the Wehrpass, then it would be "spooky" cool

Comment

Many thanks for the comments and the FANTASTIC research that has gone on already on this tunic, its possible original owner and unit history, I am most greatful to you guys!

A big thanks to Naxos and Kurt specifically - where do you find this wonderful information? I have a couple of other named tunics that I would like to research more information on...

I agree that this is the most interesting part of collecting - trying to research the history of individuals and units.

Comment

Yes, but why jeopardize ruining it buy turning it inside out. You know thread is fragile after 60+ years and turning it inside out does no good. Ron
        Originally posted by bradcancian View Post
        Many thanks for the comments and the FANTASTIC research that has gone on already on this tunic, its possible original owner and unit history, I am most greatful to you guys!

A big thanks to Naxos and Kurt specifically - where do you find this wonderful information? I have a couple of other named tunics that I would like to research more information on...

I agree that this is the most interesting part of collecting - trying to research the history of individuals and units.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Ron - don't worry, I was gentle Point taken.

Comment

Brad,

there is an online database on a large number of German (and other nationalities) soldiers who didn't survive hostilities in WWI & WWII on www.volksbund.de . It involves signing up (free) and some basic German reading skills. The sad part is that whenever you actually find someone in this database, you know he didn't make it. The less common a name, the easier it is to find it. Look at this poor Italian fellow i.e. who gave his life at the age of 27:

Nachname: Canciani
            Vorname: Filippo
            Dienstgrad: Soldat
            Geburtsdatum: 01.09.1890
            Geburtsort: Cast. di F.
            Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 10.01.1918
            Todes-/Vermisstenort:

Filippo Canciani ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in München-Italienischer Friedhof (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) .
            Endgrablage: Abteilung 2 Reihe 3 Grab 32

Comment

Great tunic. Conratulations about that

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X