Cloth Items Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth Items Part 2

Hopefully some of you guys that know cloth can help me out. I’ve been asked to help sell the items from an old collectors estate and I want to make certain that the items are real before I start posting them on Estand. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Brownshirt Armband

<o></o>

Panzer EM Breast Eagle

<o></o>

Luft. Officers Bullion Breast Eagle

<o></o>

Luft Flatwire Eagle

Sorry, this eagle is not familiar to me so I’ll need some real help on this one.

Ignored Due To Invisibility.

The first two eagles are fine and I believe that the third one is, as well. I'm sure that you'll get more knowledable opinions on it shortly.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

re

The last one is what apear,s a brustadler for the diens,t blouse
      bevo woven second modell

here is one listed by helmut weitze
      Attached Files
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

the first two items look fine to me, as well. as for that aluminum Luft eagle, the aluminum appears blue in your photo, but what concerns me is the backing. It looks like a typical covering a lot of modern repros are using, that seems to have sunk and shows the details of th stitching beneath. But I'm hoping it's just the picture, cause the pic itself seems a bit weird to me . Comps just don't do stuff justice

As for that fourth eagle, I've never seen one like it, so I'm not going to comment

Comment

Brig, I'll try and take a better photo of the eagle because this one just doesn't have the actual color anywhere near correct.

Comment

is the backing paper of that weird cloth-type stuff that repros are using? I have an original Heer cap eagle that is paper backed, and if your eagle is original it'd be a real nice piece

Comment

Brig, the backing is a dark grey, almost black, thin paper backing. Since my camera can't seem to get the colors correct, I'll try my scanner tomorrow.

Comment

paper sounds like a step up from what I first thought it was

Comment

I've somewhat upgraded the photo of the officers bullion eagle if you guys don't mind taking another look.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with that eagle at all.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

no, this clearer pic does it much more justice, nice piece!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X