GBJ Anorak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I see no problems with this example, although it is somewhat strange. In my opinion, this might be a non-finished example of the standard Windbluse 42. The material, construction and other characteristics all look good.

Best,
    Vincent S.

Comment

Vincent,
      Thank you. I agree on the unfinished part as the crotch strap is sewn down with no button ever added to attach it to. But the chest pockets look complete w/ no provisions to add a third center pocket, The cuff buttons are the same paper as the pocket buttons. The string tests as a natural fiber.
      Dale

Comment

I have seen photos of anoracks with 2 pockets. Youve got to bear in mind that they were in short supply and so some troops had thier own made at unit level, particually true of the W-SS GJ who were not issued them but some made their own, often in W-SS camo material.

Phil

Comment

There were quite a few versions of the anorak. I have a three pocketed tan/white one without neck closure flap.

In this photo an almost similar windbluse can be seen as the thread starter.

Regarding the SS ones, I really doubt that 'often' were produced from camo material. At least I have seen only one photo of an example.

Do someone from here own a piece like that?
          Attached Files

Comment

Much to learn on these. I have also seen a version with a single pocket in the center of the chest. I think yours is good but unusual....

Comment

Thanks to all for their input. The picture above appears very similar to mine. At least I now know a two pocket model is a photographed example.

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                Thanks to all for their input. The picture above appears very similar to mine. At least I now know a two pocket model is a photographed example.
                I tried to put an image which is showing a windbluse as close as possible to yours. But the sleeve closure is still different.

Comment

I would guesstimate that it COULD be a civillian ski anorak pre-during-or post
                  WWII, which COULD have been worn in War. As an American living here in Germany for the past 11 years
                  i see such stuff on and off. I had a US Army anorak with Gebirgsjäger patch with added zipper down the front. Sh*T happens!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X