White Winter Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Winter Smock

Hi I got a winter with smock, who I guess it for snipers; it has gaze (netting for face) intact, it’s in almost mint condition, just has a small tear on top of the hood! All the string on arm and neck are intact . Don’t have picture of it because don’t have digital cam only scanner. What the value of such a smock because thinking of putting it on estand when I get picks done?
    Thx

Best to get some pictures and not guess as to value. If you surf some of the sponsor's web sites you can frequently get some kind of idea..although what you describe sounds to be very uncommon.
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

Pick from net

Found the pick on the internet. It like this exactly except less shiny. Think this one looks like it made out of polyester. My smock is out of cotton.

This looks new, my shows ageing (bit grayish). Working on the picks of my soon; hope this helps in estimating
      Thx

Attached Files

Comment

I do not have a particularly deep knowledge in this area, but - what makes you think this is Wehrmacht?
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

be aware !

This could well be an original wwII smock you have , but take care ! The Bundeswehr used them right after the war and had them made in the early 1950's....
          Any markings on it ??

Werner
          Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

None that I can see! Does it have to have them? I'll black light test it that should help right? Was the design exactly the same? One interesting thing I noticed was that in the hood in the middle of it there is a fold within which is a "lace" for tightening the top part of hood to the helmet.
            Here are the scans of the hood and inside it! Folding in circled in red on pick!

Any more info welcome!
            Thx
            <O</O
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Wolffen; 01-25-2004, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Anyone has any idea on value and how to tell ww2 and post war apart? Guess the black light is the only way to tell?
              Thx

Comment

value

Hard to put a value on these.
                Last one I saw for sale was 200 € in Beltring august 2003

pw
                Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Thx.
                  I'll black light test it and see!
                  Was it for snipers or wh in general? If for snipers only I will not give this baby up!

Comment

Hello Wolffen and Werner,

I was about to say a similar price , I picked up one a year ago, with blue recognition strips on the arms, hand applied. Yes, these were made for snipers, but who ever had them would use them.

Black light, would only tell you about the material, not when it was put together, as it wont really take much time to put one together ,

Can you scan the string used?

Michael

Comment

I do not know if this one is wartime Wehrmacht or not - still. Trouble with so much of the winter white camo smocks is that (1) other armies used them (Finnish), (2) there was a variety of Wehrmacht versions, and (3) they are scarce enough that it is tough to put a definitive value on them. I only own one - nothing lik eth eone you show - not sure 100% of it either - got it about 8 years ago and it was $300.
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Mgn you mean this? Got it form Germany if that makes any difference!
                        Last edited by Wolffen; 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Wolffen,

Sorry to disappoint you, this is a post-war Eastern Europe outfit. These are not so hard to find around here. Some of these can be found with the Cyrilic lettering still inside.
                          The cotton is not the right weave and the arm-strings were not used often on these snow-camos

Some time ago, I tried to start a thread on Winter camo,unfortunately I didn't get much response on it. Here's the link http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=20003

MfG,
                          Bart
                          Last edited by GJR100; 01-27-2004, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Thx for the info not 100% sure on the strings because on the other hand noticed it sown from outside so it like a repair or put on later!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X