Brandenburg Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandenburg Title

I have never seen a Brandenburg cuff title before(other than this one, of course!), and info on this item seems to be very limited. This one is very well made. Consists of fairly thick
    but very supple and soft black wool or doeskin (there a few moth holes on this one). Bullion has oxidation and a few stains. Measures approximately 18.5 inches in length and is approx. 38 mm in width. Backing to lettering is a canvas-like material. Opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 04-10-2002, 12:51 PM.

reverse:

Here's a partial shot of the back:

Comment

This is not a WWII German, period, standard issue Brandenburg cufftitle, as I am familiar with them.

They were bordered by Russia braid and the lettering was not bullion - as well it was embroidered in a differentt font.
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Eric,

I think this is the way they are supposed to look.

EQ

Comment

Thats the first Brandenburg cuff titile I have seen thanks for sharing.
          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Thanks..

...but weren't there titles similar to mine issued to a different branch? If I recall correctly, the unit started out quite early on (pre war period) as a city police unit and later became part of the SA, then the SS. They wore blue or black overcoats and had this type of title on them.

Perhaps I am confused, but I thought that there were two separate 'Brandenburg's: the Army and the SS?!?

Help!
            Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 04-11-2002, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I do not know the answer to your question, but my guess is 'NO'. In any case, I do not think the example you showed is orginal WWII.

Eric:
              Now I know where George's cuffband went.

Scott
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

HUH? Inside Joke?

Who is George? I doubt that this is his band! I've had it for a long time.

Many thanks, BTW!

eric

Comment

Brandenburg Cufftitle

I have a Brandenburg cufftitle I will email scans toi anyone interested
                  Cheers, Rikster

Comment

Rikster

You can email the images to me and I would be happy to post them on the Forum for you if you'd like!

Regards,
                    eric

Comment

Rikster's Title

Here is the Rikster's Heer cuff title:
                      Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 05-14-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

reverse:

and the back:
                        Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 05-14-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X