Infantry Lieutenant Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry Lieutenant Tunic

This tunic is a fairly standard tunic with several notable features. It is made from a smooth greenish shade of wool, and has very pointy center points on the pocket. I don't think it's Austrian style, as only one of the three pocket flap points is elongated.

Secondly you can almost see this fellows career by reading the pocket award loops. Two styles of thread loops were used, using two shades of thread. The right breast pocket is looped as well, which only works for a few awards. He looks to have been highly decorated, if the loops can be believed.

I can't find a name, though there is a tag that looks like a laundry tag to me. The breast eagle has been very clearly removed.

This dramatic style of pocket contour was of particular interest to me - any comments are welcome.

s/f Robert
    Attached Files

Standard high collar with two hooks
    Attached Files

Comment

tabs are well seated and match the overall wear -
      Attached Files

Comment

I like this - no one has "promoted" this junior officer to a more senior rank, nor "assigned" him to a premier infantry outfit
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a textbook sew-in original application IMHO -
          Attached Files

Comment

besides the one torn loop, this is a very nice set-up.
            Attached Files

Comment

These last two photos really show the point detail -
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice find!

I like that he is a junior officer yet has many awards.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what this tag could signify? It looks like a laundry or custody tag to me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Robert, that looks like a museum inventory tag with the catalog number. He most likely was an NCO and promoted later in the War and killed or captured before promoted.

Comment

Rob, thanks very much! John, I agree that a museum tag makes the most sense, and thanks for that observation.

Comment

I can see why you were drawn to the sharply-pointed pocket flaps. Very interesting and individualized styling variation. Quite sexy...I like it!

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X