No announcement yet.

Which model of Tunic is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO it also is an M40, a collector may have tried to restore it or as noted it could be POW done. I do not think this was done at a depot to reissue the jacket during the War.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      IMO it also is an M40, a collector may have tried to restore it or as noted it could be POW done. I do not think this was done at a depot to reissue the jacket during the War.
      Fully agree with Johnny.

Comment

Hello
        Whatever it used to be , well it is not anymore ( was a M40 , maybe used by POW ), not really in a collectible state .
        You could still make a nice display , portraying a wounded soldier , or something like that .
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
          Hello
          Whatever it used to be , well it is not anymore ( was a M40 , maybe used by POW ), not really in a collectible state .
          You could still make a nice display , portraying a wounded soldier , or something like that .
          Regards
          P-Y
          I disagree, this piece is collectible...just not pretty.

I am sure it is an M40, given the interior lining with room for the belt supports and internal suspenders.

Even though the shoulder loops and buttons are present, I am wondering if this was a Volkssturm bluse. Remember that the VS had to scrounge their own uniform bit and did recycle trashed feldblusen into field uniforms.

Timo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X