Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first uniform

Hello all,

I´m an Eagle Orders collector but I thought is allways good to have an uniform, so I got this panzer one. Unfortunately it does not have hookings for my L/11 EK1. Should I made them? and if yes, which is the best way?

Hope you enjoy it.

Pablo
    Attached Files

Looks like a nice original piece. I would NOT add any medal loops if there is no evidence of there ever having been any. That would be altering an original uniform which, in my book, is a no no.

ss
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Congratulations¡¡
      It´s a very nice piece, ....and a panzer one¡¡
      I think like Steve, I woldn´t touch the uniform to add the loops, but if you wish to do it, the best is to get another original jacket from a friend and to give both to a good dressmaker to repeat the medals loops in your uniform.
      Regards.

Comment

That is a beautiful tunic. I would not do anything to alter it though. In my opinion, to do so destroys the intergrity of this piece of history.

Thanks for sharing this tunic with us.

Paul

Comment

Don't alter it, noooooooo!

If you really want an EKI slot, trade it for a different one, but don't mess up such a great piece

Comment

I wouldnt add anything(loops etc)
            but if you really want to add an ek1,position the ek on the front and put a strong magnet on the inside of the tunic .
            Should hold it for display purposes.

Comment

Thanks all for your kind words and advices, I will not alter it.

Thanks Keifer, that is a very good idea!

Pablo

Comment

Congratulations for your piece and decision, Pablo.

Regarding the touched untouched pieces, every time we add something, a medal, an equipment part, we are altering the piece, so no need to be so purist to say that a couple of loops alter the originality of the piece, but I also prefer the unaltered pieces and waiting you usually find what you are looking for. Myself want to recreate a very special combination of awards seldom seen on original pieces so I must wait almost three years till the dreamed piece appears, a totally stripped officers tunic, now I must change it all to returned it to a normal situation so I don't destroy anything, just I must give the advise that it has been restored/reconstructed.

If you want to recreate a special image or something rare, from time to time you will be offer stripped tunics or someones with highly damaged or partly missing insignias, use one of this to recreate what you want with original replacements and this will never can be considerate as altering one.

Angel
                Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I have never done this, but another idea is to hold the badge on the tunic with a couple of straight pins where you would have placed the loops. Straight pins are small and will not leave a hole when you remove them.

This is just a theory. Thanks
                  Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X