DAK & Hermann Goering Cuff titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK & Hermann Goering Cuff titles

A couple of items I received today from the brother of a merchant seaman who did some souvenir collecting during the war.

I'd be interested in any opinions, I've no reason to believe they are reproduction. I don't intend on selling these as I didn't pay anything for them but should I have to I would be interested to know their value.
    Attached Files

The HG cufftitle is a little salty, nice though!
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.
      Attached Files

Comment

DAK cufftitle
        Attached Files

Comment

A close up of the reverse.
          Attached Files

Comment

HG is a nice original. Mark.

Comment

Agreed, nice looking HG example
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The afrikakorps is fine as well, its the variation with the holes that are the same sign. The weave is right and I like it. Congrats, its worth around 125 USD. Matt

Comment

Both are very nice! I really like the character of the HG cuff!
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I am very lucky to be the custodian of these two as my knowledge of cloth is virtually nil and these were a gift. I quickly found space to display them! Incidentally, what kind of price do the HG cuff titles go for?

Comment

Originally posted by Richarddwh View Post
                      Incidentally, what kind of price do the HG cuff titles go for?
                      Can I see a full length shot of the front and back?
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Love the HG CT!

Comment

Willi, unfortunately the sun has set, and I struggle to take photos in low light conditions. Unfortunately I won't be able to take any decent shots until next weekend. THe HG cufftitle is a little salty particularly to the right hand side. Looks like dried mildew, I think these were stored in a garage for a while, Both were coiled up.

Interestingly the veteran who acquired this also picked up a Luger, as his brother said he remembers as a child him loading an empty mag and firing off the action etc.

Unfortunately an unidentified family friend stole the Luger, but had a pang of conscience and sent it back through the post wrapped in brown paper. A postman got suspicous and the whole matter ended up in court, resulting in a fine for the veteran.

Comment

What is the overall length of the HG, and is it shorter on one end than the other?
                            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Gene,
                              It measures approximately 32cm in diameter, each end is slightly curled hence the approximation. From the right handside to the 'G' of Goering measures approximately 10cm, and from the left edge to the 'H' of Hermann is approximately 9cm.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X