Sniper patches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper patches...

Are these real and if they are how rare. It is coming from a guy thats father brought back a trunk load of badges and attended SS reunions in the 50's and 60's.
    Attached Files

The back...
    Attached Files

Comment

First its the rarest of the rare. I've never handled a real one so I'm in no opinion to offer a knowledgeable assessment.However it looks very close to all the pictures of ones identified as original. Heres one being offered on Bill Sheas site. They look almost identical.
      Attached Files

Comment

If it is real he is asking literally nothing compared to what Shea is asking. I may have to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
          If it is real he is asking literally nothing compared to what Shea is asking. I may have to pick it up.
          If you don't take it or he has extras let me know. I'd love to have one.Even if its a copy its the best I've seen.Regards Jim

Comment

I believe he has one without the gold border as well. I'll try to find a pick of it.

Comment

Heres the green border...
              If you would like I could pick one up for you. I'll send you a PM. I would like to be sure they are real b/f I put down any cash.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
                Heres the green border...
                If you would like I could pick one up for you. I'll send you a PM. I would like to be sure they are real b/f I put down any cash.
                Hi Elvis,

The more I compare it against known originals the more doubts I have.The most obvious difference is the background color.On known originals it appears to be a light grey or white, The leaves are also formed slightly different. Heres the thread on sniper patches off the this forum.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/war_...eer/sniper.htm

Since your in a position to actually hold,smell the patch maybe you can come up with a better assessment. Right now I'm leaning towards a copy but there may be variations of this badge I don't have any knowledge of.

Maybe if you moved the thread to the Wehrmacht awards section you might be able to get a knowledreable opinion. Like you I'm only interested in buying if theres a good chance its real.

My PM function doesn't work (can recieve but not send).

My E Mail is:

jpool412@satx.rr.com

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Regards Jim

Comment

Hello there,
                  There are almost perfect copies out there, Yes, djpool these are the rarest, A friend of mine purchased one years ago for 25 cents!! Before anyone know what they were. Whats rarer then this? Well if you find one period attached to a uniform, Big Bucks $$$$

Thread looks a bit too thick, did you try a black light over it? Could be a postwar copy made then 50's or 60's

Michael

Comment

Here you can compare the stiching styles. I have turned them to negatives to compare the stiching and color differences. The one from Bill seems to be a light tan, where the one Elvis has is green.

Bill's:
                    Attached Files

Comment

The inclusion of the Wound Badge Packet in the background may be part of a sale pitch too..but maybe I'm just paranoid ?

Elvis':
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf D.
                        The inclusion of the Wound Badge Packet in the background may be part of a sale pitch too..but maybe I'm just paranoid ?

Elvis':
                        I took the pic. I took the patch out and laid it on the other badges. If half the stuff he has is real it is a gold mine. I want to get more detailed pics of some badges WED.

Comment

Elvis,

sent you a E Mail.Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X