Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine summer tunic.

Hello,

I have not posted much on this forum but I enjoy watching al those cool uniforms and photographs!
    For more than 4 years I collect photo's, documents and awards but I wanted something special for a change.
    I'm only 17 years old and I'm not a millionaire but I was really proud when I finally bought this wonderfull uniform!

It's a Kriegsmarine Weißer Rock Neuer Art, for a Feldwebel.
    His shoulderboards indicate that he was a Stückmeister.

The tunic has for loops for two awards, according to the seller the Eisernes Kreuz I Klasse and the Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen.

It has a couple of stamps in it.
    First one is "C. Steuernagel, Worms", according to the city archive of Worms this was a tailor.
    Three other stamp could indicate the measurements of the uniform, "42 104 55".
    Also, there is a label in the tunic, "Maibücher", I am not sure if this is another tailor or the last name of the person who wore this.

The uniform has also place for a ribbon bar, which should most likely include a ribbon for the Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse.
    Between the both loops for the ribbon bar is 6 centimeters.

Only missing is a (Gold?) metal summer tunic breast eagle, unfortunatly I have not found one of these yet.
    Furthermore I hope to purchase a Kriegsmarine necktie and blouse(? Do not really know English word for this.)

Enjoy the pictures of the tunic!

Greetings,

Koen.

Whole view.

Little bit closer.

Shoulder boards.

Detail of upper part of tunic.

Ribbon and award loops.

Stamps for measurements?

Stamp of the tailor.

Label, "Maibücher".

Trousers that belong with the tunic. No stamps in it.

Last edited by D_Dutch; 01-01-2010, 03:06 PM.

Very nice uniform. I suggest you try to to steady the camera on a table, anything, and experiment with the flash and without the flash. This should make the images much clearer.

I will let this thread stay here for a few days then move it to the uniform subforum.

Thanks for posting it. John

Comment

Lovely uniform Koen...good pick up mate!!
      Last edited by John R.; 01-02-2010, 06:18 AM.
      Cheers, Steve
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
        Very nice uniform. I suggest you try to to steady the camera on a table, anything, and experiment with the flash and without the flash. This should make the images much clearer.

I will let this thread stay here for a few days then move it to the uniform subforum.

Thanks for posting it. John

Thanks for the advice, I am new with my camera and most of the time it makes the photo to dark, but now a bit too bright.
        And sorry for posting it in the wrong forum.

Greetings,

Koen.

Comment

Great find, good job. Hope you´ll find more intresting stuff in 2010

Comment

Hello,

I am very sorry for bringing this topic back to the top again.
            I have a bit of a problem with this tunic, due to the fact that my father is dying I have to sell a large part of my collection, to support my mother.
            So I am also going to sell this uniform, unfortunatly I don't remember the price very well, and I don't want to overprice it, even though I need the money.
            Is there someone who could putt a reasonable price on it?
            I see other Kriegsmarine white tunics being sold for around $800 but I don't think my tunic is worth that much.
            Could someone please help me?

With kind regards,

Koen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X