Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjager officer's "windjacke"

Hello all,

I've had the Gebirgsjager officer's windjacke, picured below, in my collection for some years now. Some time ago I gave up on Third Reich militaria when I realized just how full of fakes that field is. These days, I focus on late nineteenth century uniform exclusively (1850's-1914).

Thus, my question is, what is this uniform worth on today's market?

I've been looking around, I haven't been able to find one of these for sale. Apparently, they were only issued to a fraction of Gebirgsjager and aren't all that easy to find.

This particular tunic has a nice set of period 1LT's insignia, a Edelweiss arm badge, and all but one original horn button. The condition is "salty" throughout but it still dislays extremely well. There's a small field-repaired rip on the rear of the left arm, it would be nearly hard to display this uniform with it showing. The field repair is well-stitched up, and would keep the wind out.

Thanks,

~Lurker

Dealers ask about $750 for decent ones. I've still been lucky enough to get them on ebay on occasion for about $450. Usually this is without insignia. Hope this helps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X