Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery Tunic up for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery Tunic up for review

I picked this little tunic up today. Unfortunately who ever nabbed it along time took the shoulderboards off in an unkind way. The only thing that really throws me off about this one is the lack of anchor embossed buttons. I would be happy to post better/more pictures if needed.

Thanks for your input,

Bryant

Very light stamp inside.

-Bryant

Comment

It is a kreigsmarine tunic for sure..The tunic DOES NOT have the kind of shoulder board you are thinking of..KREIGSMARINE OFFICER style shoulder boards OFTEN have a T ending instead of sewn in or loop thru loop on the shoulder.. with 2 screw in buttons place on the bosrds and the new bosrds slipped thru the holes your tunic will look just fine..sometimes the non anchor buttons are encountered.. The painted buttons are a little scarce but OUT there..buttons on your tunic most likely removable on rings..hope this helps..Billbert

Comment

Early KM coastal tunic (possibly Reichsmarine carry over based on the material which appears to be pre-wore "moleskin" cloth, cut in officers pattern with enlisted eagle (no problem) with pebbled green Heer buttons (lacking KM anchor).
        On a late KM field tunic btw generic (einheitz) pebbled buttons would be OK but this is an early tunic in "Rock" cut, so I suggest fixing it with green anchor buttons... and also replace the Heer Inf officers tabs (or are these yellow farbe KM tabs faded white?).
        Set up is indeed for KM T-boards. I would leave the BeVo enlisted eagle on it as a bullion officers version will cost a fortune as these are being sold as Heer Generals breast eagles...Other than that, not hard to restore.Great find!

Comment

Would anyone ind posting a photo of the correct shoulderboards so I will know exactly what to look for?

Thanks,

Bryant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X