Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs in the wehrmacht - unknow patch

Hi all,

In the belgian archives of underground forces, I found a description of a german unknow patch. It's a round blue patch and inside there is a white dog with wings. Around this patch there is a white circle.
    Following the report of the underground forces, it could be the patch of a unit with dogs trained against paratroopers. Do you know something like this ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

Looks like a Pegasus? Do you have more info.

Comment

The design doesn't look or sound German at all...

Comment

dogs in the whermacht

Thanks for interest to this post.
        Yes, I'm certain it's a german badge. I saw the original report dated may-july 1943.
        This patch was sawn in a german unit training in a belgian camp between may and july 1943. This unit was with 200 dogs...
        Then, absolutly sure this 's not a pegasus patch.

Comment

Can you post the report. Which camp was it?

Comment

It was some bad art then because that is definitely a horse with wings. Is it possible the original text was mistaken or taken out of context?

Comment

The posted example does appear to be a winged horse, almost British design in similarity.

There were plenty of k9s utilized in various roles.

The only patch relating directly to k9 service in the Wehrmacht that I have seen or heard of is the Bahnshutz k9 handler patch. If i am correct there is only one known authentic example of this patch existing.
              I guess its possible that theatre made patches may exist, although the trend would be more on badges and pins as unnoficial unit and traditions designators.

I too would be interested in seeing the report and any further corresponding material.

Joe

Comment

Hello,

Did you find this documentation in the Archives in Brussels, or somewhere else? Would it be possible to search out who made these observations. Maybe these persons can still be contacted, although chances are getting slimmer each month due to their age. I know that the leaders of the Resistance in the Limburg province are still alive and are in good mental condition as well.

Best,
                Vincent

Comment

Is it a formation sign.

This looks to me more like a Truppenkennzeichen than an insignia worn on uniform.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X