No announcement yet.

Infantry Officers Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris is right on the money. The collar tabs should be a white badge cloth for infantry.

Comment

I agree with the above. You could try to argue that it was converted for daily wear but why replace the eagle etc. It is more likely it was inncorrectly and poorly restored. Sorry.

Comment

Hi Adam -

I agree with the other folks. It's not in bad shape and could be restored, but if you have any sort of a money-back guarantee on your deposit, I would recommend holding out for one that is all original. Orignal Infantry Leutnant 'Rocks are not that hard to come by.

Don

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

This is from Gary at Deathheads.net so I am 100% sure that he will have no problem taking it back.

He was only asking $600 which must reflect what you guys have indicated as the issues.

What would a perfect example cost?

Comment

Perfect in terms of condition, all-original insignia, etc. would probably be around $1000 on up, more on a dealer site.

Don

Comment

Thanks Don.

I've been looking at some other Officers Waffenrocks on the e-stand and I can now see all of the points that have been made here.

Thanks again for the guidance as I venture into uniforms!

Comment

as well as which badges I should place in the award loops.
                I say throw an IAB, or BWB on the pocket, looks like you have loops for a 3-bar ribbon so I'd put something like EK2/Ost/Westwall for example, you get the idea.

Comment

Thank You guys for helping out Adman and myself
                  Regards,
                  Gary

Comment

Despite the issues with this tunic I went ahead with the purchase (price was right). Here it is in my new home dressed up a bit (will likely get a brocade belt/buckle for it).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I know that someone is going to ask so it might as well be me... What is that thing behind the tunic on the left side of the pic?

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Hey Drew,

It's obviously not TR! This is some kind of prop and was recovered from the dumpster of the Queen's University at Kingston theatrical department.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X