No announcement yet.

HG fliegerblouse help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the soldbuch, but not the tunic. I think that it was badged up after the war to go with the book. As stated in threads pertaining to the book and the tunic:

1. Per regulation; medical personnel attached to the HG units were to maintain the cornflower blue tabs and straps.

I am willing to overlook the white insignia, especially later in the war. But there are other concerns for me.

2. As i stated in the Soldbuch thread, the collar tabs on the photo in the book(if it is the one that belongs in the book) are definitely a dark color(blue).

3. I do not like the manner in which the collar tabs are applied to the collar. They definitely look reattached. In my experience, tabs are not commonly removed for advancements for enlisted personnel. Most NCO tunics I have seen show evidence of gulls being removed, evidencing their time as Grefeiters and Obergrefeiters. I wanted to see reverse shots of the collar to firm up my stance, but since I have not seen them I will go off of what I see.

4. As Willi stated, the man was a medic for his entire time in the service. By the time he was transferred into the HG, his uniforms already had the correct insignia. Why would he go to the expense and trouble of replacing it all? By looking at the photo, he appears to be a middle aged man. Most men our age would not really give a damn to spend the extra money and effort for something as superficial as that.

Each of these things individually are not really a big deal to me, but the fact there are so many little things, I would not purchase this tunic for myself. Ironically, the part I like the best out the set is the Soldbuch! As a LW medical collector, this is a significant find.

Before you respond, just realize that I am a mere student in miltaria who loves the hobby. I spend an embarassing number of hours reading and handling everything I can pertaining to LW uniforms and insignia. I know that the regulations were broken more often than were followed and that there are a lot of good "nonstandard" items out there. I do not know everything and could be wrong here, but I would not want to pay a lot of money(if any) for a tunic that raises so many questions.

Comment

Hello Paul,
      thanks for your opinion. I think all here we love the militaria and history, and spend a lot of time reading, analizing uniforms, documents and posting his opinion in this forum, but is not easy to know about all branches and units of German Army during WW2.
      I think the Heer and Luftwaffe used more or less the same method to made his uniforms.
      I have my theory as anybody have his theory, all here are suppositions. For this reason I ask here, because I could be wrong and cannot see that.
      Always a second point of view are positive in this cases.
      Thanks again for all opinions.

Comment

Tunic and Soldbuch was found in the same house in Berlin. I think is a good provenience indicator, but I never buy the seller story just the items

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X