Issue riding breeches 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue riding breeches 1944

Here is one of my few pairs of trousers, an issue pair of leather reinforced breeches dated 1944. They are made out of Italian gabardine and have a number of typical late-war features that I enjoy. I also like these because they are obviously worn and used. I would imagine that by 1944 issue of this garment would be fairly limited, does anyone have any late-war pictures of trousers like this being worn in the field? I think these would look good displayed with a Kavallerie or Artillerie tunic, or for an officer or NCO field display. I would also appreciate seeing other pictures of late-war issue breeches.
    Attached Files

The inside is lined with scraps of different fabrics including what appears to be tropical lining material.
    Attached Files

Comment

They are marked with a faint RB number (in purple) and depot stamped M44.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another view. Even the gabardine uses scraps of different shades for the fly and watch pocket. I would appreciate any thoughts on who would have been issued this type of trousers. I know there were still a lot of mounted soldiers in the Wehrmacht, even in 1944.
        Attached Files

Comment

They are cavalry through-and-through. Angolia states that the leather reinforcement was eliminated mid-war but this is certainly not true as evidenced by numerous examples...

Comment

M44 set...
            Attached Files

Comment

two
              Attached Files

Comment

three
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's my set of leather reenforced late war cavalry riding breeches !
                  Again scrap material used! In this case sumpftarn camo!

Other than that its a twin of post 1 in cut, BUT not in Italian gabardine...
                  its made of recycled typical brownish wool, just like the M44 example (with belt) in post 6!
                  So a combination of the two!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the whole thing! yellow arrows
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nick and John, thanks for posting those great examples in "Feldgrau 44." The M44 set is amazing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X