Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

patch on Kriegsmarine costal artilery tunic

Hi All,

I bought a kriegsmarine coastal artillery tunic today and this patch was on the sleeve. Isn't it an Italian patch?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

Hi Bill, yes it is .

Can we see the tunic.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hi Eduardo,

I will take some pics later today. It may have been sewn on by the GI who brought it home from the war.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi All,

Here are some pictures of the tunic.

Bill Rannow
        Mpls, MN

Comment

Hi Bill, thanks for the pictures. Nice salty moleskin NCO tunic, not easy to see

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

I agree a very nice tunic. But I feel the Italian sleeve badge is sewn om upside down. The licter should face the otherway around and the wings are also upside down

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
              I agree a very nice tunic. But I feel the Italian sleeve badge is sewn om upside down. The licter should face the otherway around and the wings are also upside down
              I noticed this too?

I am in no way an expert or even claim to know anything regarding this jacket. The KM breast eagle does not appear to have that nice worn in look to it. This is the first time I have seen an italian insignia in the KM coastal artillery so the shiny piping around the collar? I don't know?
              Eduardo gave this a thumbs up, he has a very extensive KM collection with many tunics and such. I am learning something new every day?

Interesting?

Regards,
              JustinG

Comment

Justin, tunic is a nice original one, and the NCO collar tress looks OK. About the Italian insignia I do not belive that is original from the tunic, because is true that Italians fought with Germans in KA batteries but I think that they used their own uniforms and not German ones. About the eagle could be replaced but with these pictures we can not see it.

Regards
                Eduardo

Comment

Hi All,

The eagle, tabs and tress are defiantly original to the tunic. The Italian patch (on the sleeve) and a ribbon (sewn on the cuff ). I was not sure what they were and that they were sewn on with the same black thread. They did not look original to the tunic.

A little quick careful work with a seem ripper will bring the tunic back to its original but very worn state.

I will be putting the tunic in the e-stand probably today.

Thanks again everyone for all the info,

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                    Justin, tunic is a nice original one, and the NCO collar tress looks OK. About the Italian insignia I do not belive that is original from the tunic, because is true that Italians fought with Germans in KA batteries but I think that they used their own uniforms and not German ones. About the eagle could be replaced but with these pictures we can not see it.
                    Learning something new all the time.
                    That's what makes these forums great.

Regards,
                    JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X