Luftwaffe tropical shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe tropical shirt

Hi all,it's my wish to buy this tropical shirt,it seems Ok to me but I'd like to know your opinions.Thank you.Regards

the link
    http://album.foto.virgilio.it/Konigstiger

Hello,
    All I can say is that PEEK & CLOPPENBURG was and still is a Dutch maker...
    Can someone explain what's doing Berlin in that maker's stamp..?
    Does G.m.b.H. mean there was a Peek&Cloppenburg in Berlin during the war ?

PEEK & CLOPPENBURG did make jackets etc. for the Germans though..

I'm curious what others have to say about this one.

Here's a picture I've borrowed from you of the makermark to make things clear...

Jos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 01-03-2004, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Yes, they were also located in Berlin. They were a major manufacturer of FJ smocks and Luftwaffe tropical items. Blue cotton Luft tunics also. I am sure they made many other uniforms items, as there is an entire wartime book published about the company.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Good or not?

Thank you guys.... but is good or not? I need your opinions!!!! Regards

Comment

Still in Existence today

Peek and Cloppenburg is still in existence today.I've visited their store in Vienna many times..its a pretty "high end store"...quite similar to Nortstrom....have to see many more shots of the jacket in question.but nothing "glaring" wrong from first impression...but need to see wayyyyyyyy more pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
            Yes, they were also located in Berlin. They were a major manufacturer of FJ smocks and Luftwaffe tropical items. Blue cotton Luft tunics also. I am sure they made many other uniforms items, as there is an entire wartime book published about the company.

Willi
            In my collection I own a couple of kakhi LW tropical four pocket tunics,a blue one,a LW mantel,a DAK Mantel,a DAK kradmantel and..extra-extra-read-all-about it...a pair of stunning Knobelbecher marked Peek&Kloppenburg/BeHa G.m.b.h....so they definitely had stores or facilities in Germany as well!Imo the tunis is a genuine specimen but a few more pictures would help!Mandamele a questo indirizzo,soprattutto quella dell'aquila in entrambi i lati!
            canuck63@libero.it
            Last edited by derspiess63; 01-30-2004, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerfaust
              Hi all,it's my wish to buy this tropical shirt,it seems Ok to me but I'd like to know your opinions.Thank you.Regards

the link
              http://album.foto.virgilio.it/Konigstiger
              Ciao Emilio,
              C'è post@ per te!
              I've checked the scans you've sent me and I reckon it would be a good idea to share them with other fellow collectors in order to add them to the no-no book(the pictures...not the collectors!). The detailed scans which I couldn't(and still cannot) open when I tried to link to the site you indicated in your post helped and ascertain that it's in fact a copy coming straight out of the Czech Republic!Sorry but I thought that the photo under your post was yours while in fact was Jos'!My fault I should have double-checked!
              With a little from our friends we'll avoid
              HTH Manu
              Last edited by derspiess63; 01-30-2004, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X