Red Afrika cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Afrika cufftitle

Well maybe not really red but more than the usual brown one.

Anyone seen anything like this? Opinions?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

There is one like that in Klietmann's old book 'Auszeichnungen'.

Comment

Very interesting piece, it looks to be very well done, I have just never seen one like it before. In North Afrika they seemed to have a number of different items that were not made to a specific standard, mostly cuff titles maybe made by street tailers in Afrika or tailers back in Europe, then there are the rings. There are alot of original items not done to a standard which means you either have to go on provenance if you have it on a piece or study it's design etc. and go on a level of faith based on craftmanship.

Bill

Comment

i dont have these photos but they were shown when I was offered this cuff
          Attached Files

Comment

2, you cant tell fore sure the color of them
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

interesting, could you make a close-up of the letters (both sides)?

Comment

i dont have in hand, this is the best i can enlarge.
                  I can take it for 200 euros with the right to return it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello

While it may be period custom made, these were not worn in Afrika. If it was custom made, it would more likely be from Europe. But You will have to convince the next buyer, besides yourself that it is indeed good. I would pass. Really nice photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                        Hello

While it may be period custom made, these were not worn in Afrika. If it was custom made, it would more likely be from Europe. But You will have to convince the next buyer, besides yourself that it is indeed good. I would pass. Really nice photos.
                        we have had already surprises on what was worn in Afrika in the past, so I wouldn´t exclude it, anyway I have to agree with you. Too "less" know to compare=hard to sell later.

Comment

That is bang on original and a rare type, I sold one exactly the same on the estand a few months back and the buyer furnished me with some interesting information that he had seen a vet bring back a bundle of these taken from a store at the end of the war. So original, made in Europe, fairly late war and KM version. Good catch!

Patrick

Comment

Here are some pictures of the one I had, if the present owner would like me to remove them then of course I will do so
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X