Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great thread, very interesting.

Comment

Good news, I got the visor cap. Winning bid was a bit more than I expected considering the condition but I really wanted it so put in a high bid to make sure.

Actualy, it's probably worth it as it's quite unique. You don't see many with celleon piping. Here's the ebay pics. Hopefully the seller also has the eagle.
      Attached Files

Comment

This one shows the piping a bit better.
        Attached Files

Comment

It's a bit rough but I had to get it didn't I!
          Attached Files

Comment

GOOD MAN!!
            Pull that group back together.
            You must start a thread showing parts of your collection at some point
            Best Regards,
            Mark

Comment

Excellent visor

Comment

What friggin ebay is this? ebay Germany? Ebay UK? This stuff is not from the American ebay..

Comment

Guys, could you advise me on what kind of insignia I should be searching for to restore this tunic? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to this.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    Guys, could you advise me on what kind of insignia I should be searching for to restore this tunic? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to this.
                    Ben, the eagle would the most difficult thing to find. They are extremely rare. Other than that look for some luft tropical boards or you could use the continental Luft type. No need to look for collar tabs since this type tunic didn't have any.

Comment

Thanks Tony. Would it not have a regular white eagle on blue wool?
                      I was looking at this one as a reference.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=233191

Comment

I would restore it with blue wool eagle and blue wool straps, many trop tunics had this configuration ..

Interesting stuff, Ben..

Jos.

Comment

Ben, actually I was thinking the one with the cotton twill/ribbed backing. However, you could use the ones with the wool backing

Comment

That's a salty tunic! Very rare in any condition. Congrats. Looks like loops for a flak badge.

Comment

Good choice.
                              I must agree, this is really nice tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                                That's a salty tunic! Very rare in any condition. Congrats. Looks like loops for a flak badge.

Thank you Robert, hope you don't mind me asking you to drop in.

I'm just wondering now if the blue wool backing on an eagle would beach out from the sun. Not half as much as cotton probably...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X