Strange white drill tunic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange white drill tunic.

Guys, i saw this strange tunic for sale, and was wondering what the hell it could be?
    My guess would be that its post-war.

Photo's:

I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

nice orig oatmeal heer hbt work tunic with some creative tailoring applications on collar. could the bottle green be wartime? possibly. buttons look luft drillich to me though. an inside pocket too? though armholes, dont they point to navy? and belt hook holes back to luft again?im all messed up here.

Comment

Its an odd one...the buttons are indeed the Luftwaffe type for oatmeal HBT fliegerbluse cut drillich work uniform
      with fly button front. The tunic actualy does have a Luftwaffe "LBA" stamp (Luftwaffe BekleidungsAmt)
      in the rectangular shaped box stamp, so its Luft marked and has Luft buttons but
      its an exposed button style tunic (Heer cut with Heer pockets) with added Heer farbe collar. I'm also lost...
      Heavily tailored Luft HBT uniform which started life as a fliegerbluse cut jacket (or just a simpler design with exposed buttons...still Luft)
      and modified with a new collar I guess...Definately war time but which branch ended up with it?
      Last edited by NickG; 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

an original colar modified LW drillich tunic IMO.

derka

Comment

There are period photos with collars like this added to Heer drilichs.

Comment

Hmm.. i was thinking post-war because of the armholes and the belthook holes.
            So it seems that i was wrong. Funny jacket.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              There are period photos with collars like this added to Heer drilichs.
              Do you happen to have one on your pc that you can post here?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                Hmm.. i was thinking post-war because of the armholes and the belthook holes.
                So it seems that i was wrong. Funny jacket.
                The armpit holes are standard on a Luftwaffe oatmeal drillich fliegerbluse...
                and that's what this looks like...its very short in cut = Fl.bluse and has Luft markings (box stamp) and Luft buttons.
                The belt support holes also make sense for LW...(see link) BUT has exposed buttons and a different pocket configuration (+ added collar).
                I'm 99.9 % sure it is a modifed LW oatmeal fliegerbluse or otherwise a simplified design, but still certainly Luftwaffe (but with non Luft collar added)
                Compare here:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=oatmeal

This is mine, unmodified ...but "dressed up" , an NCO thing...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                  Do you happen to have one on your pc that you can post here?
                  No, sorry, it is in an album somewhre in the pile. I have seen other pictures on line etc. I do not think it is that uncommon to see.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    The armpit holes are standard on a Luftwaffe oatmeal drillich fliegerbluse...
                    and that's what this looks like...its very short in cut = Fl.bluse and has Luft markings (box stamp) and Luft buttons.
                    The belt support holes also make sense for LW...(see link) BUT has exposed buttons and a different pocket configuration (+ added collar).
                    I'm 99.9 % sure it is a modifed LW oatmeal fliegerbluse or otherwise a simplified design, but still certainly Luftwaffe (but with non Luft collar added)
                    Compare here:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=oatmeal

This is mine, unmodified ...but "dressed up" , an NCO thing...
                    wow, carnival time in hbt central. think ill need my shades for this 'riot'. joking. we should have fun with this hobby i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
                      wow, carnival time in hbt central. think ill need my shades for this 'riot'. joking. we should have fun with this hobby i feel.
                      Not too farfetched at all, this impression! (LW NCO in post 8)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 10-21-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Another example where I got my inspiration from.
                        Yes you gotta have fun with this hobby!
                        Insignia pinned on btw! (post 8)
                        Credit goes to "as tagged"!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Guys, the reply's in this thread made me curious, and i had something what the seller wanted, so i made a nice partly trade out of it.
                          I received the jacket yesterday.
                          Any specific things you guys would like to see? i can make some picture's tomorrow.

Oh btw, it looks like the previous (wwii ?) owner punched the buttons holes trough the top cloth layer, exept for the top button hole, that one is still as it should be: hidden from sight.
                          Last edited by Admiraal; 11-03-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

It does sound and look like a standard Luftwaffe drillich tunic, that has had the button holes extended through the fly cover with collar and pockets added.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X