where to get a good ,honest tunic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to get a good ,honest tunic ?

Besides the e stand where is a good website, dealer or place to get an honest tunic ? I look on the e stand everyday but I 'm not confident enough in my skill level to buy one, where should I turn ?

Originally posted by awo41 View Post
    Besides the e stand where is a good website, dealer or place to get an honest tunic ? I look on the e stand everyday but I 'm not confident enough in my skill level to buy one, where should I turn ?
    And with this statement you want to buy from a dealer??? Here you can get immediate feedback and authentication of what you want to buy at very reasonable prices. Jacques

Comment

A tunic is a huge investment. It is best to know what you are buying. Sure, getting help from people on the forums is always an option, but knowing what you are doing is paramount. I would recommend buying some good reference books first.

If there is something that sparks your fancy, you could always post some good photos on the forum and people can provide their input.

There are some very good sellers out there, but they are not perfect. As with anything, they are humans and make mistakes.

I have had some very good luck and experiences with:

Bill Shea:

www.therupturedduck.com

Peter Weymond:

www.germanmilitaria.com

Comment

Wherever you look, always post detailed pics here before you buy. There is a wealth of experience on this forum, and as the guy who just dropped $6000 on a bunch of Janke repro caps can tell you on the caps forum, it is advisable to get as many opinions as you can. Good luck!

Don

Comment

Or you can wait for one of these tunics being for sale

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=387848

Comment

Especially the one in Post #8, of that thread........
            I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Originally posted by bobcam1 View Post
              Especially the one in Post #8, of that thread........
              Why wait,

http://thehoodedhare.com/tunics.htm

The best tunics come from the woodwork. It is a huge mistake to "click a collection" most of what is on the web is restored or messed-with garbage. Never be in a hurry to buy tunics or obtain certain types etc. the secret to building a solid collection is buying informed and waiting for good pieces.

Comment

I think this one looks better on you Johnny...

Glenn
                Attached Files
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Yes, I never have told the forum about my modeling job.

Comment

www.virtualgrenadier.com gets some good stuff, and not too expensive.

Comment

Klaus is always a great guy with honest prices. Not a huge selection of tunics but good noe the less

http://klaus-butschek.com/index.php?...t4f0t5dpopmf1&

Comment

Many thanks to all whom have taken the time to respond . My main goal was to get an idea of any online sellers who have a good reputation for honest uniforms.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X