My GJ set on the e-stand up for discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GJ set on the e-stand up for discussion

I've been privately asked by a member who in my opinion is neither interested nor a would-be buyer if this set has been discussed...here it is...in my opinion there are no excuses on this set,but there are members who'll surely find something wrong with it !
    I'm putting it up for discussion before anybody else because I'm more then certain of what I'm selling!
    Cheers
    Chris

here's the link ; http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=387446

original set in nice condition

Comment

Probably the lack of wear outside and the bakelite/celluloid buttons?

Interesting, but it's an awesome set anyhow!

Comment

Any doubters... sofort abfueren!
        Killer set.
        I only gave the top and the bottom strap has been removed...a common modification....

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
          original set in nice condition
          I would agree but the size stamps of the jacket seem odd. I would think they would be marked Gr. 1, 2 or 3. Second example I've seen sized like that lately.

Comment

John,Nick,Christian and Besslein...thanks a million for chiming in guys...I was confident that GJ "experten" like you would have positively commented on what's a killer set!
            CHRISTIAN...nice point....the green side is gently worn but not abused and the white side is only lightly soiled by gentle wear and storage;the flash of the camera alters the colors but I'll take pictures in the daylight...I take your comment as a VERY USEFUL suggestion..köszönöm!The pressed celluloid buttons are quite un-common but not absurdly rare by any means...I remember that as a young collector I removed "plasticky" green buttons from several 45-dated WW2 German greatcoats because I thought they had been changed by the Italians...only to discover later on,talking to an OLD German collector that plastic buttons had been used at the end of the War!
            But there's a detail worth spotting,i.e. the thread around which the button-hole is made is the same thread the buttons are sewn with!
            JOHN...yes and no....I know what you mean,but GrI,II,III aso is not ALWAYS stamped on garments...in this case we have sizes and the "Grosse" stamp may have been added or it may have been not...it could have even washed away,but there are other MUCH MORE IMPORTANT details and one of them is the way the buttonholes are made...write me a PM if you want to know more because I'm always wary about giving clues away....the enemy(read top-notchfakers!) is lis'ning!
            NICK...that's correct...but the anorak's been found like that,including the shoulder strap!
            BESSLEIN..KLAAAAR!
            Cheers
            Chris
            Last edited by cqb45; 10-19-2009, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
              Probably the lack of wear outside and the bakelite/celluloid buttons?

Interesting, but it's an awesome set anyhow!

Hi Chris,
              I again link to your post to explain a thing or two about these buttoins;they're not molded...they're die stamped/cut and they're made of celluloid!Many years ago, to make sure about the material they are made of,I took off a small shaving from the back of one of the buttons,held it with a pair of tweezers above a lighter's flame and got the proof I was looking for (I check out things myself before buying,no matter where they come from or if the collection they were in hails to 1944!);it melted into a nice blob which,unlike a blob of molten modern plastic,crumbled turned into a thousand small particles when I rubbed it between my finger and the palm as if it was the tip of an used match,exactly like it happens with thread made by natural fibers when doing the "flame test"!The smell of the burnt shaving was between burnt animal's hair and a freshly lit match.
              Many collectors don't know much about these materials produced in the 20s,30s and 40s but if this is a concern,well....then this anorak's NOT for them!
              Cheers
              Chris
              Last edited by cqb45; 10-19-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris for the kind words. Your test results sound quite good then.

Here are few shots of my early windbluse. (ex Weitze) Outside paper, inside cloth covered buttons. Also not really usual.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1odWWi

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1nmKoi

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1ogL1r

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
                  Thanks Chris for the kind words. Your test results sound quite good then.

Here are few shots of my early windbluse. (ex Weitze) Outside paper, inside cloth covered buttons. Also not really usual.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1odWWi

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1nmKoi

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1ogL1r
                  Very nice Anorak you've got Chris...the white buttons, which look like an enlarged version of the fabric-covered paper buttons used on early shirts and undergarments are very nice...I like it very much!
                  Cheers
                  Chris

Comment

I can only concur with the above comments and facts; this is a nice original set.

Comment

Hi all
                      I publicly want to say that I was the interested member who wanted to see this set been discussed not for nothing special but for the scarcity of the pants, which is something one hardly comes accross this days. I never thought nor questioned for a moment the originality of the items.
                      I guess the seller with his gracious animosity againts me misunderstood my question "Has the set you already are selling in the e-stand been discussed?" and don't know how or from where he gets his capacity to discern in one line and a half when someone is going to buy his stuff or not...hand ups the ones I left stucked with specially GJ items I was interested on!
                      Obviously I am not an expert in this kind of pants...God help me...but would also like to say that this set is not exclusively made for the GJ as the seller states.
                      As a result of this I will seek my pants elsewhere then
                      Ace

Originally posted by cqb45 View Post
                      I've been privately asked by a member who in my opinion is neither interested nor a would-be buyer if this set has been discussed...here it is...in my opinion there are no excuses on this set,but there are members who'll surely find something wrong with it !
                      I'm putting it up for discussion before anybody else because I'm more then certain of what I'm selling!
                      Cheers
                      Chris

here's the link ; http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=387446
                      Last edited by FestungSpanien; 10-19-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

First off please indicate precisely where I've stated that this set was madeEXCLUSIVELYfor the GJ: they ARE GJ reversible overtrousers that go with the anorak and since you're a GJ collector you should know that,end of story!If that makes you feel happy I'll say that they were made for the DAK units who used them when in action on the snowy hills around Marsah Matruh!
                        As far as I know and I'm concerned these trousers are GJ reversible overtrousers but I think that quite a few may have been worn by non-gebirgs units of the Heer,The LW,the KriegsMarine,the HJ,by civilians after the war and by models posing for many militaria-related articles and even by mYself a few hours ago!
                        Good luck for your search and for the heads-up....I only have three pairs of such trousers in my collection;two are somewhere in the attic and one is for sale on the e-stand here...owning several pairs I foolishly haven't taken into consideration how rare the trousers are but thanks to your heads-up anyway...if they won't get sold on the e-stand before November 1st they'll come with me to MilItalia in Milan and then conseigned to Peter Whamond of The Collector's Guild's fame for a higher price!
                        Muchissimas Graçias
                        Chris

P.S.;here’s the exchange of PMs between Ace and me:
                        Originally Posted by FestungSpanien
                        What's wrong with you?
                        When I ask things is because I am interested ... but I don't understand why you act against me the way you do here and in the thread...was it because of that thread on GJR137 icepicks?...childish!!!...
                        OK nice set but bad dealer ...you have lost a potential buyer ...or trade as I had nice tropical items to get rid off...
                        Don't bother answering me, chap...

My reply:
                        First off I don't understand why you get so offended,after all there's nothing referring to you!Further..I don't think we're close enough for you to adressing me as "chap" but that doesn't mean that much to be honest!
                        I don't recall the thread on the picks because my mind is occupied by more important things so that hasn't nothing to do with that at all,rather,if you wanted to discuss this set you only had to post a thread and that would have been your right!
                        I don't have anything against you so it's not something to be considered personal...maybe I was sick and tired to get messages by members who enrich Janke about the stampings and the buttons...so if you've felt hurt and offended please accept my apologies...perhaps you've chosen the wrong pick of time to write and I replied/posted too harshly!
                        thank you for your comments on the set anyway!
                        Hasta Luego
                        Chris

Comment

Hi Chris
                          No harm done at all
                          I simply got annoyed of you labeling me as a "non interested" and "non buying" member three different times when you had no right to say so as I was really interested (in this thread, in the pm you sent me which caused me to answer you the way I did, and the one in the e-stand thread)...I think your reaction was exagerated when you had no right to do so and the way you expressed yourself...and I think you have no right to show others what a personal conversation between you and I is...and if so you should show the complete conversation.
                          The reason for writting in this thread was to show myself as honest enough not to hide myself and many a members here can stand for me!
                          Anyway...I don't feel offended at all but I would like to ask you something if you don't mind...I read some of Manny's (Der Spiess) words, expressions and reactions in your own words...izzat you Manny by any chance?
                          PS: I should have not called you chap...my apologies....it's my bad english learnt in public houses...peace
                          Further...I would never post something for discussion without the seller's permit, that's why I asked but it doesn't matter either now
                          First off please indicate precisely where I've stated that this set was madeEXCLUSIVELYfor the GJ: they ARE GJ reversible overtrousers that go with the anorak and since you're a GJ collector you should know that,end of story!If that makes you feel happy I'll say that they were made for the DAK units who used them when in action on the snowy hills around Marsah Matruh!
                          As far as I know and I'm concerned these trousers are GJ reversible overtrousers but I think that quite a few may have been worn by non-gebirgs units of the Heer,The LW,the KriegsMarine,the HJ,by civilians after the war and by models posing for many militaria-related articles and even by mYself a few hours ago!
                          Good luck for your search and for the heads-up....I only have three pairs of such trousers in my collection;two are somewhere in the attic and one is for sale on the e-stand here...owning several pairs I foolishly haven't taken into consideration how rare the trousers are but thanks to your heads-up anyway...if they won't get sold on the e-stand before November 1st they'll come with me to MilItalia in Milan and then conseigned to Peter Whamond of The Collector's Guild's fame for a higher price!
                          Muchissimas Graçias
                          Chris

P.S.;here’s the exchange of PMs between Ace and me:
                          Originally Posted by FestungSpanien
                          What's wrong with you?
                          When I ask things is because I am interested ... but I don't understand why you act against me the way you do here and in the thread...was it because of that thread on GJR137 icepicks?...childish!!!...
                          OK nice set but bad dealer ...you have lost a potential buyer ...or trade as I had nice tropical items to get rid off...
                          Don't bother answering me, chap...

My reply:
                          First off I don't understand why you get so offended,after all there's nothing referring to you!Further..I don't think we're close enough for you to adressing me as "chap" but that doesn't mean that much to be honest!
                          I don't recall the thread on the picks because my mind is occupied by more important things so that hasn't nothing to do with that at all,rather,if you wanted to discuss this set you only had to post a thread and that would have been your right!
                          I don't have anything against you so it's not something to be considered personal...maybe I was sick and tired to get messages by members who enrich Janke about the stampings and the buttons...so if you've felt hurt and offended please accept my apologies...perhaps you've chosen the wrong pick of time to write and I replied/posted too harshly!
                          thank you for your comments on the set anyway!
                          Hasta Luego
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by FestungSpanien View Post
                            Hi Chris
                            No harm done at all
                            I simply got annoyed of you labeling me as a "non interested" and "non buying" member three different times when you had no right to say so as I was really interested (in this thread, in the pm you sent me which caused me to answer you the way I did, and the one in the e-stand thread)...I think your reaction was exagerated when you had no right to do so and the way you expressed yourself...and I think you have no right to show others what a personal conversation between you and I is...and if so you should show the complete conversation.
                            The reason for writting in this thread was to show myself as honest enough not to hide myself and many a members here can stand for me!
                            Anyway...I don't feel offended at all but I would like to ask you something if you don't mind...I read some of Manny's (Der Spiess) words, expressions and reactions in your own words...izzat you Manny by any chance?
                            PS: I should have not called you chap...my apologies....it's my bad english learnt in public houses...peace
                            Further...I would never post something for discussion without the seller's permit, that's why I asked but it doesn't matter either now

In a nutshell....if I have posted our exchange of PMs is just because you posted first without bothering reading my PM,the one in which I apologized to you for my harsh and unnecessary behavior towards yourself!
                            No...I'm not Manny;we're both Italian and that what makes you think about that but sorry I'm Christian Q.-B.(CQB),which incidentally also stands for Close Quarter Battle,45 being the caliber of the gun I carry as a personal weapon when I'm on duty (CQB45)...cannot and don't want to disclose my surname in public because of my job but if you write me an email I'll be more than glad to introduce myself to you and vice-versa,sure that you'll behave like the man I'm sure you are!I don't mind you calling me "chap"...is not an offense!
                            Last...people post all kind of items for discussion without a permit that wouldn't be necessary/required anyway,and we're all here to discuss,chat,and hopefully learn!
                            Now...if you want to discuss my set please go ahead and if you find something that would make you feel uncomfortable shuld you have it in your collection please point it out...it'up to be discussed here,rather than appreciated!
                            Hasta Luego
                            Chris

Comment

Hi Chris
                              Thanks for claryfing this...I was concerned at the great resemblance of your behaviour related to the one Manny had which whom I had no problems at all in the past...do you know him?
                              A 45 in your trousers? You better change to a more comfortable one...too much weight, windage and elevation...
                              I do behave as the man I am and that's why I always unneccesarily ask the seller of an item I am really interested in buying to discuss it to feel 110% comfortable with the item with the intention of not wasting his time nor mine...which regrettably was not the case here.
                              I would have loved to see the pants discussed in more detail as I would like to learn more other than the original ones I have seen printed in books.
                              I am tired of seeing my 4 anoraks without the lower part...
                              Now that we are more closer enough than at the beginning of this situation to call you mate... a pm should follow to let you know what kind of man I am and why I cannot publicly state neither my name nor my condition in the web, but seeing the ease you have to publish personal messages to the public I regrettably will have to hold my tongue as I also have a privacy oath with my government...that's the kind of man I am, a responsible one if I may add it
                              As said before no trouble at all and we will see our faces in other threads.
                              Good luck with the sale...could have been already sold, pitty.
                              By the way apologies accepted as well as I do hope you accept mines.
                              Best regards
                              Ace

In a nutshell....if I have posted our exchange of PMs is just because you posted first without bothering reading my PM,the one in which I apologized to you for my harsh and unnecessary behavior towards yourself!
                              No...I'm not Manny;we're both Italian and that what makes you think about that but sorry I'm Christian Q.-B.(CQB),which incidentally also stands for Close Quarter Battle,45 being the caliber of the gun I carry as a personal weapon when I'm on duty (CQB45)...cannot and don't want to disclose my surname in public because of my job but if you write me an email I'll be more than glad to introduce myself to you and vice-versa,sure that you'll behave like the man I'm sure you are!I don't mind you calling me "chap"...is not an offense!
                              Last...people post all kind of items for discussion without a permit that wouldn't be necessary/required anyway,and we're all here to discuss,chat,and hopefully learn!
                              Now...if you want to discuss my set please go ahead and if you find something that would make you feel uncomfortable shuld you have it in your collection please point it out...it'up to be discussed here,rather than appreciated!
                              Hasta Luego
                              Chris
                              Last edited by FestungSpanien; 10-19-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X