M44 Straps... rarer the better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
    It would be a sub-unit of the regiment, such as a battalion or company possibly.
    Thanks..Schulterklappen.

The M-40 was stationed at the Blau Division
    regards

Antonio

Comment

EM Pionier boards with a field modification to turn them into NCO boards. Interesting to see that an additional backing has then be added.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
        EM Pionier boards with a field modification to turn them into NCO boards. Interesting to see that an additional backing has then be added.
        Interesting, I wonder if it is a transition model of the board ???

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          Interesting, I wonder if it is a transition model of the board ???
          I don't think it was done in the factory: the button hole in the additional backing isn't stitched, which means this extra layer has been added later. I think it's just a field modification to re-inforce the original board, which are classic M44.

Comment

I don't think it was done in the factory: the button hole in the additional backing isn't stitched, which means this extra layer has been added later. I think it's just a field modification to re-inforce the original board, which are classic M44.
            Good point, I had not noticed that and agree with you,

Chris

Comment

These Aufklärung / Kavallerie NCO boards for an Offizier-Anwärter (Officer candidate) arrived today.

The Offizier-Anwärter loops look very new compared to the rest so either the NCO stopped using the boards soon after adding them or it has been added post-war. Not sure.

Max
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice addition.

Comment

Just received this pair of boards that was missing in my collection: NCO Panzer in black cloth (in this particular case Panzerjäger).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Neat straps Max!

Comment

Thanks Jerry! I'm indeed really happy with them !

Comment

Nice additions there Max,I love this thread
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Just received this pair of boards that was missing in my collection: NCO Panzer in black cloth (in this particular case Panzerjäger).
                          Good to see my old boards again

Comment

Hello good Sirs,

I have recently picked up this single shoulder strap. The quality of the chain stitching and placement of the unit number put me in doubt a little bit.

I have also never seen the Y stitching that has been used to attach both pieces of wool. Most of the M44 straps have ZigZag stitching, don't they?

As for the unit, would that be Heeres-Artillerie-Abteilung 672?

Regards, Damien

Comment

"672" would match three artillery units and two army Flak units.

Comment

Neat shoulder strap Damien. It is definitely original and looks to be period application, most likely field done by the soldier, etc. with the stitching.

I see what your mean about the stitching to attach the tongue, yes usually ZigZag, but in this case yours seems to be 100% period done.

Originally posted by lentz View Post
                                Hello good Sirs,

I have recently picked up this single shoulder strap. The quality of the chain stitching and placement of the unit number put me in doubt a little bit.

I have also never seen the Y stitching that has been used to attach both pieces of wool. Most of the M44 straps have ZigZag stitching, don't they?

As for the unit, would that be Heeres-Artillerie-Abteilung 672?

Regards, Damien

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X