The GBJ Week :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul McKee View Post
    After an initially rough start, you've now managed to turn up some consistently very good pieces. Congratulations. I'm glad you've taken forum advice to heart.

If there is a name tag with unit marking, perhaps it wouldn't betray the family's confidence to only share the unit identification with us here.

Paul
    Hi,

i post the name tag, but there is no unit marking......
    Attached Files

Comment

I would like to hear your opinion on the edelweiss in bevo and loops for 1 medal on this Oberst tunic. It seems a little weird for a high ranking Officer I think.
      I guess it was all that boose last night since nobody said anything about it.

Comment

I think it was a nice gesture of an officer if he wore the bevo edelweiss as his subordinates.

Have you noticed the darkness of the green waffenfarbe? Amazing!

Comment

What I mean is if some new guys on this forum is asking for your comments on a tunic, then you want close up and better pictures and must have been a put together post war bla bla bla.
          Seems like all of you are happy with this tunic. I hope you are right.
          What about this visor, is it Gbj. or beamte?
          Attached Files

Comment

What happend, have everybody gone chicken.

Comment

No we all go Penguin this time of year. . . if he was reserve or Erstaz etc. it would be normal to not see a lot of loops for badges, he may have had 1914 EKI and not been wounded etc. and may have used a pin bar. Many officers did not wear ribbon bars on field tunics as well. If he got it from the family then that is the way it was. I do not see anything wrong with it. I have a Reserve Generals tunic with loops for two awards and major d.R. that had an EKI and a four place ribbon bar.
              Attached Files

Comment

Regarding this officer visor, I can't judge myself 100% if the insignia is original to it or not. From what I see, I feel that it was put together recently. And the waffenfarbe is admin.

But there are visor experts on the forum who could tell for sure in a blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
                  Regarding this officer visor, I can't judge myself 100% if the insignia is original to it or not. From what I see, I feel that it was put together recently. And the waffenfarbe is admin.

But there are visor experts on the forum who could tell for sure in a blink of an eye.

I 2nd Chris on the visor and yes...there are visors "experten" on the forum that will tell you what they think,providing they haven't gone chicken,of course
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Last edited by cqb45; 10-19-2009, 07:23 AM. Reason: typos...what else!

Comment

I am certainly no visor "expert"...just an enthusiatic student. Without repeating the great shades of green debate, IMO this shade of piping looks more administration than GBJ. Just looking at the photos, I cannot confirm the eagle had been raised for the addition of the Edelweiss, but it certainly doesn't look as firmly attached as the other insignia. Beyond that, it looks to be an original cap.

Paul

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with the visor, but it's the colour of the piping that I don't feel is for a Gbj. This about the colour have been up before.
                      Looks more like a official.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Many of the waffenfarbe overlap and then you have differential aging. It is the is the glass half full or half empty arguement. I do not think there are answers, the hat piping is very dark for GJ and you can say HV generally was darker but there are many examples of dark greens being worn by GJ. The same applies for Pz. Gren and GJ etc.

Comment

Guys, I'm sorry for calling you chicken it's only I feel you all took the tunic to light and gave it the thumbs up to quick.
                          I see the visor is up on the cloth headgear forum, so could I have your opinion on the tunic this thread started with.
                          Is everything looking just fine or is there something to be said.

Comment

If someone says it is from the family to me that is pretty much the end of it unless it is an obvious piece of garbage. The base tunic is real. The stitchlines on the collar and the tabs are the same type and size. The eagle is real, note the waffenfarbe on the boards is the same color as the hat piping. If I saw these loose I would think they were Coastal Artillery. I think it is fine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X