Clear All

Definatly resewn, here is a pic from the sewing of an untouched FJ Tunic
    coming directly from the vet
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic from the FJ Tunic with the awards from the veteran for comparison
      Attached Files

Comment

I thought, though I would be happy to be corrected, but I thought the threads highlighting the wings were sewn as a single length on original tropical eagles- or any lufty eagles-, not as a series of stitches?
        Please tell me i'm wrong someone, as the two I have are both the same as this one. Mine are reapplied to a lufty trop tunic and a trop shirt, the latter sadly a repo.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry bond View Post
          I thought, though I would be happy to be corrected, but I thought the threads highlighting the wings were sewn as a single length on original tropical eagles- or any lufty eagles-, not as a series of stitches?
          Please tell me i'm wrong someone, as the two I have are both the same as this one. Mine are reapplied to a lufty trop tunic and a trop shirt, the latter sadly a repo.
          Do you mean the 6 on the left wing and the 4 the right? If so there are usually several strands of thread making up each. Could you share some photo of your eagles?
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

What I mean is the that the threads are sown in a series of loops, not a single long loop as on the second bird posted. The one I'm talking about is the bird in #14, which is a series of loops. I realise the threads is a series of threads and not a single thread. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology.

I've not worked out how to post photos yet, Doh! Also I will have to look If I've got any good enough. My digi camera doesnt take good closeups.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry bond View Post
              What I mean is the that the threads are sown in a series of loops, not a single long loop as on the second bird posted. The one I'm talking about is the bird in #14, which is a series of loops. I realise the threads is a series of threads and not a single thread. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology.
              Ok, I follow you now. Yes, a small percentage ( I see them maybe 1 out of 50 or 2%) of all types of original machine sewn Lufwaffte eagles (FJ smock, HBT, tropical, wool, cotton) will have those threads like this:
              Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks for that, I will have to look at mine again. Check for other details on them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X