Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Tropical Field Blouse for review

Dear WAF members,
    Would like your opinion about this LW jacket. The eagle was probably resewn.
    Is this jacket any good? Sorry about the ****ty pictures, but this is all I have from the seller.

Thanks in advance.
    Greetings

Last edited by Luftwaffe44; 10-16-2009, 04:16 AM.

Pics are lousy, I'd ask for better ones ..
    The jacket seems fine from those pics, eagle is replaced, about the straps, they're shirt fabric on wool, don't know that combination, would like to see better pics..

Jos.

Comment

Thanks. I will ask for some more pictures. Are these tunics hard to come by?

Comment

Avoid the shoulder straps.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Very easy to come by. Just pricey..... $700 to $1800 depending on degree of restoration....

Comment

Oke, thanks! How would you value this jacket, if the jacket is original and the shoulder pieces are fake? I can trade it for a worn grey reversible jacket in addition with some money...

I have no more better pictures, unfortunately. Anyone else has anymore opinions? How other people think about the shoulder straps?

Thanks in advance again .

Comment

Tunic's fine....ditch the boards!
              Cheers
              Chris

Comment

Thanks! Eagle looks original to me too. Agree?

Comment

the tunic is origional but is the eagle zig-zag machiine sewn or hand sewn? If it is hand sewn, then I say it has been replaced.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I just picked it up yesterday, i traded it against a (very) salty worn reversible jacket in grey. I had an extra pair of ''continental'' blue Flieger boards, this is a possible combination right?

The tunic had a medal loop, but unfortunately only the remains of it are still there.

Hope you like it.

Now the quest to find an untouched one, but for the moment I'm happy with it.

Comment

Hi,

Great deal.
                      The tropical jacket is still really nice.

Comment

Although a little expensive, you should invest in some tropical boards to go with it, but otherwise, very nice tunic.
                        Mike

Comment

It's a very decent jacket, not bad at all ..

Can you make a better close up of the eagle like the one at top ?

Jos.

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

I have also made some better pictures of the tropical shoulder boards, if anyone wants to see these, let me know.

I'm not planning to sell the jacket, but i'm wondering how much this jacket be worth? Thanks in advance!

Picture of the eagle.

Comment

decent one ,yes eagle looks resewn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X