MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullion Officers Afrika Corps Cuff Title Values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion Officers Afrika Corps Cuff Title Values?

Hi All,

What Are these Bullion Africa corps cuff titles worth? I find a few of the nco version for $450-550 on the net but no bullion officers versions.

Thanks in advance and I would appreciate some help!

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

Bill,

As I said in the pm, originals are very very rare and you tend to find more hens teeth than legit bullion Afrika cuff titles. Seen only 2 that I felt were rock solid enough to stand on their own. There is a thread somewhere with several posted on it. The trees are a bit odd and im not a fan of the bullion used to make the cuff. I honestly don't feel it to be a period cuff, I would love to have it in hand and to examine it. These things must stand on their own merit and I feel this one falls a bit short. Would make a cool filler item and for that I would like to have it, but I don't think it stands as a period cuff. JMHO. Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. The cuff is absolutely a good one. Here is the gouping I bought from the son of the vet. Every single item was good. The only thing not pictures is the WWII Flak helmet which is on ebay. The bullion work is also classic TR period.

Bill Rannow
      Mpls, MN

I put the KM eagle that was in a bag on the Army tunic
      Last edited by brannow; 10-16-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill

The problem with these CT's is that there are so few good examples, mostly fakes. And because they were are all custom made. Unless it has providence...
        It would take some faith from the buyer that its original. I would pass on this one, but thats just mho.

In general, why would an Officer in Europe pay for a custom made one & not wear it on his tunic ?

with regards
        Tim

Comment

It has rock solid Providence: veteran family bought, Everything in the grouping is 100% original and quite eclectic. Yet this cuff title which cost me next to nothing because of the high end items that I considered when buying the grouping and this the only re-pro was made in the 1960s?

The stuff less blades,tunic and rifle were all packed in an old suitcase. I even found the guys moms wallet in there who died in the late 40s early 50's along with war ration books. The guy even got a little chocked up as she died when he was a kid. There was also an SS visor eagle put on the a camera case that no one has ever seen before and is being considered a previously un-known early ss eagle. Look at the pics there are some high end items in this grouping and not a single re-pro.

I am not trying to be contentious but it is harder to believe for me is that a re-pro 1960s Afrika corps cuff title found its way in to this grouping.

Comment

I have to agree with Matt & Tim on the questions about originality. The Afrika cuff title is my hands down favorite insignia but I would be hesitant to purchase this bullion example. I don't like the trees or the bullion work and wouldn't give more than $20.00 for this example. Does this mean it is a hands down fake?....of course not. I am sure there are collectors out there that would love to have this example and if you put it on Ebay you would determine the true value of it and I wish you luck

Comment

Fair enough. I will hold on to this one and we can all look at it at the next big show like the SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by brannow View Post
                Fair enough. I will hold on to this one and we can all look at it at the next big show like the SOS.
                I plan on making it to the SOS and look forward to seeing it in person. BTW, thanks for answering some Japanese sword questions for me a while back. Appreciated the help Bill

Comment

No Problem!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X