Real Mint Mountain Troops Offz.Jacket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
    If that is Dietr. (ich) Schall there is a KIA as an Lt. exactly 2 months after the tunic was labeled. He is buried in Noyers-Pont-Maugis and the Rgt. was right in that area at the time he was killed.

Zum Gedenken

V1146153
    Nachname: Schall
    Vorname: Dietrich
    Dienstgrad: Leutnant
    Geburtsdatum: 04.07.1920
    Geburtsort:
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 11.06.1940
    Todes-/Vermisstenort:
    Hi Johnny,

yes this is the Man. Many thanks for the information.

Comment

They were not engaged until the 14th, he probably was one of the few casualties the 10-13th, maybe sniped etc.

I will look in the 1st GB Division History tonight, there may be mention of it in there. So there is no chance that the eagle was replaced? I have been looking for an example of period application of this type of waffenrock eagle on an officers tunic. Nice example. I also like the cloth and have not seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        They were not engaged until the 14th, he probably was one of the few casualties the 10-13th, maybe sniped etc.

I will look in the 1st GB Division History tonight, there may be mention of it in there. So there is no chance that the eagle was replaced? I have been looking for an example of period application of this type of waffenrock eagle on an officers tunic. Nice example. I also like the cloth and have not seen it before.
        Hi,

thanks Johnny. And the eagle is for sure periode application, nothing has changed on this tunic.

Comment

Very nice, named tunic Thanks for showing.

Richard

Comment

Billbert

Comment

Wonderful item, congratulations.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Beautiful tunic. You must be right in the middle where the tunics grow. I would love to see the other items as well. Jacques

Comment

I looked in the unit history, I was wrong about it being quiet where the unit was. The 100th was engaged in heavy fighting that day. They were assaulting and fighting around Hill 240 and Chateau Thierry, interestingly the American WWI monument is mentioned in battle description. He probably was killed in the fighting there and buried in a different cemetery intially and moved to where he is now in the 60s etc. Very nice tunic now placed into a historical context which to me is the most important thing.

Comment

Very nice Feldbluse.
                    Regards.
                    RAPH

Comment

Very nice indeed. You are a lucky man

Comment

Very nice cloth it's made from. Are you going to re-apply the insignia?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                          Very nice cloth it's made from. Are you going to re-apply the insignia?
                          I think there i cant re-apply anything Maybe you mean the other tunic

Comment

Congrats I really like what I see as well... just one (probably stupid) question. Was he promoted after his death? The shoulder boards indicate the jacket belonged to an Oberleutnant --- quite an honor for a 19 year old boy in 1940 (certainly not towards the end of the war)... Any ideas?

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by chrisson007 View Post
                              I think there i cant re-apply anything Maybe you mean the other tunic

Sorry, I was looking at the cloth on this tunic and thinking of the other at the same time! stupid gin and tonic!

Comment

Congrats
                                Luca
                                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X