Field mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field mods

can anyone post pics of unusual field mods to uniforms like zipper(s) on jackets
    i saw a pic a while back that showed a heavy? winter uniform with the hood removed and the collar of the great coat attached and zeltbahn material attached to the camo side

what was the difference between the
    light, middle, and heavy weight camoflage reversible jacket.

was the greatcoat ever shortened and can some one post pics of camo uniforms such as the gebirgsjager wind breaker not the anorak and is there any pics of the SS camoflage gebirgs anorak. wat the ss furlined anorak ever issued in any othe camo patterns than the italian and just how many different types were there

thanks guys

Cody S

Hello,

There are some pictures of unusual modifications in my upcomming book. I incorporated and illustrated the most common modifications in therelevant chapter, being Long Coats and Winteranzüge. The pictures show coats with fur collars, whitewashed greatcoats and greatcoats with white material sewn to the coat for camouflage.

The term 'light', 'middle' and 'heavy' was first used in the books by Angolia and Schlicht, but is not entirely correct. 'light' would be with no padding, 'heavy' would suggest internal padding.

Yes, greatcoats and derivates were commonly shortened.

Concerning the Windbluse: in modern-day English, this garment is called an anorak. So could you please explain which garment you'd like to see a picture of? I have shown some before, but will gladly repost these for study.

I suggest buying Werner's book on Camouflaged Uniforms, as well as the books by Mr. Peterson.

Kind Regards,
    Vincent S.

Comment

Here's a picture from my own collection, showing a Windbluse 42 in wear by a Heer Infanterie soldier. I can add that he was not a Gebirgsjäger, as I know the source of this picture. I will see if I have other pictures to share, but will have to refrain from posting the ones that are featured in my book.

Sincerely,
      Vincent S.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks

thanks vincent that will be very cool what will the title of your book be so i could purchase it when it comes out

thats the "anorak" i was referring to .knew it was called that but at the moment i couldnt think of the words..

do you mean they sewn the white cotton material onto the entire outside of the greatcoat so in a sense creating a thicker white winter camo overall thats awesome...

one more q do you think they ever tried to sew a hood onto the normal feldbluse that would be awesome looking but i dont really think they did..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X