Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Corps Eagle Opinions

Hello,

Does this eagle look original to you? I think it's a bad one. The dealer himself says it did not glow under black light but he it still doubtful that it is good.

Well, it certainely is not the BeVo type, which is considered to be the standard issue eagle for tropical tunics. Cannot say I've ever seen this 'weave' pattern in DAK colors like this. Maybe I've seen Kriegsmarine birds with a similar pattern. An unknown variation?

Comment

Looks bad to me and certainly not original to the jacket.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Look at the feet, agree its bad.

Comment

this tunic was discussed already but i cant find the thread but did come up with another with the same bird

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=316222
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Original eagle or some wierd variation....???? What is obvious, IMO, is that it is not original to the jacket .

Comment

No Doubt AT ALL - It's a TURKEY/REPRO.
              Mark

Comment

looks like it was sewn on crooked as well

Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

Tunic material appears to be original and do we see a 'ghost' shadow just to the left of the wreath?

Comment

I believe this execrable reproduction is attached to an original 3rd pattern tunic, if I'm not mistaken?
                    Regards,
                    Mark

Comment

I was just looking at some of my embroiderd Kriegs. eagles and at least 2 examples have no feet what-so-ever although they had better eagle shaped heads and chest feather detail. Hopefully we can get some photos up. Of all the phoney DAK birds I've seen over the years, this is a 1st encounter with this type.

Comment

looks like it,s a fake

andre

Comment

I have seen these loose at shows, IMO it is a reproduction.

Comment

Greetings All,

I believe that this is a reproduction eagle that came around in the late 70's or 80's.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X