Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modelle 44-45 Tunic Question

Hi everyone,

I have a few question regarding the late war M44-45 (British Battledress style) German tunics issued near the end of the war, and I thought someone on this board might be able to help.

My first question is whether or not the M44-45 tunic was authorized for wear by officers, and/or whether or not officers used them (whether authorized or not)?

My second question concerns the use of that tunic by NCO ranks. In all of the pictures I've seen of NCO ranks wearing this tunic, I've not seen any in which I can clearly see NCO collar tress. Were these tunics worn without tress like other NCO tunics, or without? Was it common to see an NCO not wearing Tress on his collar with the M44-45 tunic?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

AndolfR

There are hours of reading entertainment on these within the WA, they may not address all your questions but there are lots of photos to look at.

The tunic was intended for use by all ranks, NCOs did wear these as well as officers and there are tailor-made as well as issue tunics. For NCOs because it was an open collar design tress usually was not worn but it is seen on some examples of M44s.

Comment

Ah,Photos always speak a thousand words.

Officers
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

NCO (tresse on collar)
        Attached Files
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here is another from the forum.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndolfR View Post
            Hi everyone,

I have a few question regarding the late war M44-45 (British Battledress style) German tunics issued near the end of the war, and I thought someone on this board might be able to help.

My first question is whether or not the M44-45 tunic was authorized for wear by officers, and/or whether or not officers used them (whether authorized or not)?

My second question concerns the use of that tunic by NCO ranks. In all of the pictures I've seen of NCO ranks wearing this tunic, I've not seen any in which I can clearly see NCO collar tress. Were these tunics worn without tress like other NCO tunics, or without? Was it common to see an NCO not wearing Tress on his collar with the M44-45 tunic?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

AndolfR
            ========================
            Enlisted soldaten, NCO's and officers all had access to M44 tunics. Even Generals wore them occasionally, the latter no doubt privately tailored and seen with bottle green collar even (in period pictures), totally customized.

NCO's generally did not wear tresse on the collar of M44 tunics towards the end of the war, but like anything else there are exceptions as the pictures in this post show!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X