Stone Grey Long Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone Grey Long Trousers

What do the trouser experts think of what appears to be a 1932 date on a pair of stone grey long trousers? When was this "model" first used?

one
    Attached Files

Comment

two

Comment

Hello
        IMHO the M32 has nothing to do with the year of manufacture , but does represent something else , if you look at the size stamping and the M32 , they are 2 totally different ink , the date and issue depot should have been stamped in the exact same ink , since these would have been done at the same time .
        From the inside , they still look like a superb pair of M37 pants .
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

These are RH issue trousers and the M32 is the depot/date and year they were recieved in Munich. The slate grey trousers were issued and aside from minor changes were the same from 1919-1940. The unit is 3rd Company, Pioniere Abteilung 5

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            These are RH issue trousers and the M32 is the depot/date and year they were recieved in Munich. The slate grey trousers were issued and aside from minor changes were the same from 1919-1940. The unit is 3rd Company, Pioniere Abteilung 5
            and a killer pair if i remember right
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
              and a killer pair if i remember right
              I am floored when this RH stuff survives. Hard to believe although these are obviously real. These were Condition "I" so not issued and held reserve and stored in the QM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
                Hello
                IMHO the M32 has nothing to do with the year of manufacture , but does represent something else , if you look at the size stamping and the M32 , they are 2 totally different ink , the date and issue depot should have been stamped in the exact same ink , since these would have been done at the same time .
                From the inside , they still look like a superb pair of M37 pants .
                Regards
                P-Y
                I'm confused, Pierre. What does it represent?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
                  I'm confused, Pierre. What does it represent?
                  Hello
                  Well the pants are definitely original , no doubt about that . I just find strange that M32 could be the year since all the tunics/coats/pants I have owned , handled were all stamped in the same ink since they were , as far as I have seen , always stamped at the same time , since it was done upon reception at the depots ( size and depot/year stamp that is ) but then again , we are talking items from 36 to 45 , so new to me and to be honest no squat about the pre 33 period uniforms .
                  The PB5 , that is a strange one to me , I fail to see were they find it was Pioneer Abeitlung here ???? German Stamping for units would have been Pio and B does not stand for Abeitlung , different lettering as well ( just a look in typical unit markings and stamping on dog tag will confirm it ). Not doubt it is indeed the 3rd Kompanie . The 5 does look like a modern stamping , so could it be from some movie studios of some sort ? .
                  Anyway , would be interested to know what the PB5 stands for .
                  The "neugrau" pants were officially introduced in 1921 not 1919 .

Great pair of pants anyway .
                  Regards
                  P-Y

Comment

The offical term for Pioniere Abteilung is Pionierbataillon. If you look in the German Military abreviations handbook you will find PB is listed as indicating "Combat Engineer Battalion".

Also if you reference the RH Book by Kraus you will see the exact same "M" depot marking in different ink next to a size stamp on page 195.

Towards the pants themselves- On Page 108 in the German version you can also see the description of the pants. Kraus outlines that the trousers are based on the 1919 issue pattern and were issued following these specifications under a regulation of 1920 with the exception of enlarging the "v" in the back and the shift from field gray to "grauem tuch-gray". This shade was different from "Neugrauem-New Grey" fabrics which according to the author were not issued for trials until 1928.

All he markings are original as are the pants. RH is very different then WH and much more complicated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X