Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generals collar tabs

Hello Gentlemen!

I have been asked to post a Generals collar tabs set for opinions that I currently have for sale on the e-stand.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=382475

I bought these tabs at e-stand about 6 years ago. (just as side info)

A few months ago matching tabs to mine were posted in a thread that was deleted by the moderators. That was a very bad move by them because of some insults etc. What came forward in one post was an important find.
    In that thread was a vet found generals tunic with the same kind of collar tabs I have for sale. I will post the picture here for comparison.
    Another example is on one of the tunics at the Marshals battons site.

Please, I welcome opinions.

Cheers,
    Felix
    Attached Files

Many people are still not accepting of these. That said If John Pic, or his friend, I do not remember what he said exactly did locate the tunic from a Vet and it is not tampered with, then the issue is closed and there are period examples IMO.

Comment

I know the tunic and I also know where it came from. It is ID'd to an Infantry general by name tag, and I will leave it to the owner if he wants to post the name and further photos. It is an early field grade tunic and it was in the bottom of a GI trunk. No question about their originality or Felix's. They have started to make fakes that slightly resemble these, but are a far cry from correct.

Richard

Comment

The fabric is the same as Reichsheer Moleskin, these usually are modified RH summer tunics either issue or tailor-made. I have never seen pictures of the entire tunic but would like to very much.

Comment

Johnny,

The tunic is dated 1937, it's tailor made with appropriate tags, I will see what I can do for you.

Richard

Comment

Johnny,

Here is one he posted in another thread showing the front. I have been trying to talk him out of it ever since he got it...so you are in line behind me and several others, but I will make sure your name gets added if you like.

Richard
            Attached Files

Comment

Collar tabs

May I ask if you guys are commenting on the originality of the tunic shown or the E-stand collar tabs at the top on the link???

Comment

Well...I like them both. The tabs are rather early, but I've seen enough in that style to know they are good. There are some early tabs, like these, that didn't have the "balls" on them.

Richard

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the tabs belonging to Felix. RC

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Johnny,

Here is one he posted in another thread showing the front. I have been trying to talk him out of it ever since he got it...so you are in line behind me and several others, but I will make sure your name gets added if you like.

Richard
                    Thanks, I am not interested in buying it just wanted to see it. Is is a lightweight service tunic patterned similar too the RH service tunics and the white summer dress tunics using the RH moleskin. Neat tunic. It has the belt hooks or buttons in the back correct?

Comment

You are correct sir...two gold belt holding buttons on the back.

I will make sure your name does not get added to the list. This general fought at Stalingrad.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                        You are correct sir...two gold belt holding buttons on the back.

I will make sure your name does not get added to the list. This general fought at Stalingrad.

Richard
                        Thanks, nothing worse then carpet baggers at the door hawking lightweight tunics. The tunic gets more fantastic by the moment. What is the name?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X