Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fliegerbluse Prices

Hi All,

A question for Willi,Francois and anyone else who can help.

What prices are Fliegerbluse fetching these days. I have located an Oberfeldwebel Fliegerbluse, Signals Branch, Piped Collar in signals waffen farbe, has a Maintenance Trade badge original to tunic. Tunic is worn but 100% untouched, its priced at $675 includes insured postage and shipping. The attraction of this piece is that it is completley untouched(messed around with).

Thanks

Mark

I think that's not a bad price if you like Signals. It's been my experience that Fliegerblusen are more difficult to find, especially in good condition, than the 4 pocket service tunic. An NCO is even tougher to find. I think it's a fair price.
    I would be curious to hear what anyone else thinks!
    Erich
    Originally posted by Mark Holden
    Hi All,

A question for Willi,Francois and anyone else who can help.

What prices are Fliegerbluse fetching these days. I have located an Oberfeldwebel Fliegerbluse, Signals Branch, Piped Collar in signals waffen farbe, has a Maintenance Trade badge original to tunic. Tunic is worn but 100% untouched, its priced at $675 includes insured postage and shipping. The attraction of this piece is that it is completley untouched(messed around with).

Thanks

Mark
    Festina lente!

Comment

Well,If it's worn,..how worn ?
      If it's really worn,it's too much money IMO..
      Signals isn't that interesting for most collectors...
      Ofcourse a untouched jacket is cool on the other hand..
      The price for me would be right at the moment ,for all prices are very high at the moment..
      It's less than buying a yellow piped jacket,which are more interesting for most..
      Always hard to judge something without seeing it..

Jos.

Comment

As Jos mentioned, tough to tell without seeing it. Untouched to me means textbook machine applied breast eagle, collar tabs and NCO tress. Also means original buttons, properly applied rank gulls, etc. Given that, along with it not being full of holes, $675 is a very good price on todays market. And yes, Signals (or Flak) is not nearly as desireable as flight piped.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks to all of you,

I have examined this tunic it is as far as I can tell completely unaltered all insignia machine applied, it has been worn for me this is important I am not a mint collector. I agree Flight Para and Flak are most desirable but laying your hands on an original untoched example I believe is now like finding original badged SS tunics, maybe less so for Flak, but certainly for flight. I think owning an original Fliegerbluse in this day and age is important.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
          As Jos mentioned, tough to tell without seeing it. Untouched to me means textbook machine applied breast eagle, collar tabs and NCO tress. Also means original buttons, properly applied rank gulls, etc. Given that, along with it not being full of holes, $675 is a very good price on todays market. And yes, Signals (or Flak) is not nearly as desireable as flight piped.

Willi

Comment

Mark, if you are happy with it, you shouldn't hesitate to pay that much for a nice NCO fliegerbluse with trade patch. In fact, I'd like to have a signals one. Although not as desirable as the yellow piped, it is not an often encountered color of waffenfarbe on the fliegerbluse. Most that I have seen around that price recently have been real clunkers.

Comment

Jack,

Thanks, as I said the real appeal of this is its totally unmessed with condition it is by no means mint, but an honest period piece uncorrupted by the dealers.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Jack Melvin
              Mark, if you are happy with it, you shouldn't hesitate to pay that much for a nice NCO fliegerbluse with trade patch. In fact, I'd like to have a signals one. Although not as desirable as the yellow piped, it is not an often encountered color of waffenfarbe on the fliegerbluse. Most that I have seen around that price recently have been real clunkers.

Comment

How desireable is the Blue waffenfarbe on the same garment? I am looking for a medical version.

Thanks
                Paul

Comment

Paul, very. They are really tough. I saw one at the MAX this year, with two cufftitles. I'm still in sticker shock. Over $2K and with a big hole in it.

Comment

Mark,

I agree with all comments above but will add that it depends on what you want to do with it, I mean for what purpose you want a Signals fliegerbluse, or in other words what are you going to do with it = display it with signal equipment: YES, looking for a flieger representative, better wait to find a yellow piped - The price is good if you know what you want to do with it, but if you buy it for the price, well be sure that the above comments will come back if one day you want to sell/trade it.

And to Paul, yes blue piping are scarce
                    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi,
                      As were on about untouched one's how much is this one worth on todays market ,no damage ,no moth etc.
                      I suppose that if it fell into the wrong hands?the colour would turn overnight into yellow.
                      All the best Merdock
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mark,

$675 is a great price for the Fliegerbluse you mentioned, if it is in fact unmessed with. I'd be very interested in seeing pics of it, especially of the insignia and eagle.

Gene
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Who is offering this Unmessed with tunic? I have no intentions of undercutting anybody just credibility wise I would like to know.

Comment

Hi Rolf,

The dealer is out of Texas, I saw this Tunic at the Big Show in Dallas in November last year, did not have the money then. I emailed him before Christmas he still had it(No shows since the one in Dallas, hence he had not sold it, also the signals waffen farbe is not a popular seller). As I have stated this is a used Tunic, therefore would not meet the standards a lot of collectors want, I however like uniforms with honest wear, and for me this has it. The Dealer goes by the title Brandenburg Militaria out of Harlingen S.Texas. He had some good stuff in Dallas no repros that I could see. I can PM you his email address if you like.

In reply to Francois,

I have bought the Tunic because I have always wanted to own a Fliegerbluse, a flight one would have been nice but the last one I saw I posted pics on the forum and it got mixed reviews, I think quite rightly so. Therefore I would rather have an honest Signals Fligerbluse than perhaps one that a dealer has upgraded to flight to increase its value. I never buy with a view to future value as that is very subjective. I have Pre war SS-VT collar patches I paid a lotof money for, but trying to recoup that money on resale unless you are an established authority(whatever that means) would be very difficult. I think the Flieger bluse is a smart practical uniform and irrespective of branch of service an untouched original, albeit used and worn, meets my criteria. But I thank you for your wise words, I know what you are saying.

Cheers

and happy new year to all

Mark

Originally posted by Rolf D.
                            Who is offering this Unmessed with tunic? I have no intentions of undercutting anybody just credibility wise I would like to know.

Comment

Mark, no worry. If you ever want to sell it, shoot me a private. I got the radios to go with it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X