No announcement yet.

Infantry Officers Tunic - opinions requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last name may be "Meyer". This is a twill "Trikot". Doeskin is a very fine fabric and it does not have a ribbed texture. The insignia would need a hands on but it displays well. The eagle looks like it is loosely tacked on there. If you got it for a decent price I would be happy with it all the way from the thumbs of your toes to the nape of your shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      The last name may be "Meyer". This is a twill "Trikot". Doeskin is a very fine fabric and it does not have a ribbed texture. The insignia would need a hands on but it displays well. The eagle looks like it is loosely tacked on there. If you got it for a decent price I would be happy with it all the way from the thumbs of your toes to the nape of your shoulders.
      Hi Johnny,
      thank you for your comment mate, what about exposed threads on the shoulder boards,should i worry about that ?

regards,

eddie

Comment

As noted it is odd, it does not look like they pulled out from wear. It is impossible to tell from photos.

Comment

Johnny is right, the name is Hans Meyer

The date is: December 1940

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
            Johnny is right, the name is Hans Meyer

The date is: December 1940

Hi Naxos,
            thank you for your comment about the name,but the date looks to me as 1941.

regards,

eddie

Comment

Hi Eddie, it's definitely 1940

the handwritten Zero is open at the top similar to the o in Sütterlin writing.

Last edited by naxos; 10-10-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Eddie, it's definitely 1940

the handwritten Zero is open at the top similar to the o in Sütterlin writing.

Thanks,than ost ribbon doesn't make sense here,it was 1941 campaign.

regards,

eddie

Comment

Originally posted by kRazor View Post
                  Thanks,than ost ribbon doesn't make sense here,it was 1941 campaign.

regards,

eddie
                  I wouldn't say that - he could have gotten the new tunic in Dec. 40 as a Leutnant, and received the Ostmedaille after the Winter 1941 as an Oberleutnant.

Comment

I wouldn't say that - he could have gotten the new tunic in Dec. 40 as a Leutnant, and received the Ostmedaille after the Winter 1941 as an Oberleutnant.
                    You right then, the tunic looks like it was worn for about 1 year.

thanks again,

regards,

eddie

Comment

Eddie;
                      Without photographic evidence we can never say for certain that everything on a given tunic was added before 1945.

All we can say is, that your tunic is plausible and therefore believable.

Comment

Eddie;
                        Without photographic evidence we can never say for certain that everything on a given tunic was added before 1945.

All we can say is, that your tunic is plausible and therefore believable.
                        I agree, you need to figure out if the insignia is original to the tunic before, as Cleese would say, "stampeding for the clitoris".

If the insignia is real, and estimating based on the rank, he probably would have been killed, captured or wounded badly enough to be sent home and out of Active service before the end of 1942.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and help

best regards,

eddie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X