Opinion please LUFTWAFFE Flight Blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
    Nice bluse, IMO tabs replaced and quite possible the eagle as well. About ten years ago there were quite a number of these coming out of Holland stripped of insignia, but were good Jackets. The eagle looks too high on the jacket, and the setting for the lower bobbin and its application is not quite right. Also appears to be some nap wear to the eagle wool, which does not appear around or near the area to which it is applied. If it were just the bird that was off (but really its way off) I'd say maybe just a very sloppy wartime application, but coupled with the fresh tabs and tab application, I'd say both replaced. Just my thoughts.
    Good eye Scott. I checked my 3 LW blouses and indeed the eagle sits way lower... Looking at the pictures again it is absolutely way off.. with the fold appearing in the image it was not that apparent but its is if you pay attention to it! That makes all insignia applictions suspect. Final verdict: good stripped blouse, good insignia, post war sloppily restored! Still a nice fixer-upper!

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.

It is now for sale on the E-stand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X