Camo Coveralls Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Coveralls Question

Did the Germans even make coveralls out of Italian camo material? If so who would be issued them

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
    Did the Germans even make coveralls out of Italian camo material? If so who would be issued them
    YES. I have an image in one of my many books (if I could only remember which one) of a Wehrmacht Pz unit with one of its crew members in a very baggy Italian camo made coveralls. Lots of garments were made in this material post Italian armistice (September 1943) and not exclusively for the Waffen SS.
    Items besides coveralls also: tunics, caps, shelter halfs, pants.
    Last edited by NickG; 10-10-2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Hello
      Yes , They did and one of the most famous pictures of one being worn was taken in Normandy ( the one with the soldiers from the 12 th SS ) .
      Regards
      P-Y

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        YES. I have an image in one of my many books (if I could only remember which one) of a Wehrmacht Pz unit with one of its crew members in a very baggy Italian camo made coveralls. Lots of garments were made in this material post Italian armistice (September 1943) and not exclusively for the Waffen SS.
        Items besides coveralls also: tunics, caps, shelter halfs, pants.
        +1,
        LW used those unregular items too, and you can find the same variety with german "splinter" camo unregular items, even if coveralls are very seldomly seen.
        derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X