Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle Troops Waffenfarbe

Question on waffenfarbe.

In 1940, would the waffenfarbe for a motorcycle unit, that is part of an infantry regiment, be white for infantry or yellow for reconnassance?

Originally posted by gdfuseddie View Post
    Question on waffenfarbe.

In 1940, would the waffenfarbe for a motorcycle unit, that is part of an infantry regiment, be white for infantry or yellow for reconnassance?
    Hello,

I think that until 1942, the Schützen- und Kradschützeneinheiten used the light green waffenfarbe. Later used for panzergrenadier units.

Comment

An order dated September 1939 required all motorcyle units to wear Meadow-Green. This may or may not have always been folllowed, before this white was worn with "K" devices for the motorized Infantry units.

Comment

Don't forget about pink!
        Attached Files

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
            yes

Man, that looks like NebelKrad. They would put a 32 CM wurfergranate in a side car on an R75 and hope the Kradmantel would shield them from the back blast.

Comment

Let us not forget that in Afrika they did wear that armored recon colored color for a very short while. Matt

Granted mine board does not have the K but still hard farbe to find! Matt
              Attached Files

Comment

These are all nice but he asked about Infantry Rgt. units I am pretty sure they wore white and shifted to green when the parent units went to Panzer Gren colors.

Comment

Im sure your right with the color shift to Pz. Grenadier. Gotta love mech infantry! Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                    Man, that looks like NebelKrad. They would put a 32 CM wurfergranate in a side car on an R75 and hope the Kradmantel would shield them from the back blast.

Comment

That Nebel Bike would get you there before you left... Billbert

Comment

I wasn't aware that the Kradshutzen had a special 'K' cypher for their shoulder boards. I take it that this cypher wasn't used when part of a unit that had their own cypher, such as Inf Regt GrossDeutschland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X