Luftwaffe Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Armband

I got this Luftwaffe and a bunch of other items out of the woodwork yesterday. I've been collecting for 35 years, but have never picked up a Luftwaffe armband like this. Anysone else have one of these? Can anyone confirm that it is original? All opinions are welcome.

Barry
    Attached Files

--
    Attached Files

Comment

---
      Attached Files

Comment

----
        Attached Files

Comment

A fantasy stuff?

Cheers!

Comment

ljklj;j;j;lj

Air Raid Warden or Home Flak Unit?

Comment

Hello The first thing I look for in an original printed armband is bleed through.I just dont see any on this band.But that does not mean its not original.It is very likely this stye could have been used.Just for try a black light on it.Then you will know if it glows or not.But this still doesnt give you all the answers.But lets just see if it glows first.Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. I took better pictures of it for your interest and as you can see, it is made of a heavy duty material. The armband definitely does not glow and there is no bleed through, which, as you say, dav, is no real indicator of originality. The armband came from a very good source, so I am convinced that it is original at the moment. By the way, this armband would not be for an air raid warning. It almost certainly would be for auxillary personnel of the Luftwaffe.

I also have a unique "white" armband (most are yellow) for pilots of the Reichsluftverteidigung (Reich Air Defense) that does not bleed through and this one came directly from a veteran.
                Attached Files

Comment

--
                  Attached Files

Comment

---
                    Attached Files

Comment

----
                      Attached Files

Comment

By the look of the othere items from this lot.I would say it was a good one.Best gergards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X