• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good original M43 trousers

Chris

Comment

Nice textbook wartime example!

Untouched in any parts, with almost all his buttons, and the stripes 'under-feet' and its lacets... Not easy to found. In many pair their was cut off.

Hi to all!

Comment

All is good in my eyes. nice one

Comment

Thanks for all the answers!!
          I had this trousers for 3 years on a mannequin ('M43' trousers and feldbluse) and finally got some time to take it of and have some pics. Now I dressed up a soldier with the 'M40' uniform...

Kind regards,
          Brecht

Comment

One more question: is it normal that sometimes trousers have no stamps??

Comment

No, its quite strange... Maybe they're fade away....

Take care!

Comment

hello Brecht,
                As i have mentioned in the past not everything is stamped.
                i dont understand why you have questions about that one
                all the features and characteristics are there .
                very nice trousers

Comment

Just wanted to be sure, PAK75. WAF sees more than 2 eyes!!!
                  BTW I now more about my Belgian and Canadian stuff...

Nice to hear from you!
                  I'll mail you!

Regards,
                  Brecht

Comment

Indeed is very strange in my opinion these factory pants have not stamps.
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Hello
                      I might be wrong but , IMHO these pants are a pair of repros , I have a pair of repro which have the exact same wool and same features , the only difference being the lining . Also , I would not want to see metal dish buttons all over , but would expect some bakelite/horn/glass on all the pockets and watch pocket as well .
                      So I don't know about you , but this are repros to me .
                      Regards
                      P-Y

Comment

from my knowledge so far of wh pants, id say embellished repro here...esp the intelligent addition of inside ties for the underwear-to fool so so collectors.this hairy wool seen a lot on modern reenactment kit.

Comment

I would like to say if this trousers is a repro these are surely made to fool
                          collectors.
                          and would like to hear more about this.
                          About the buttons you could have a point although there are mint m- 40 trousers . that dont mis a single button.
                          If the dish--buttons are used and are original to the tunic
                          you should be able to see this,Sure they can fake it but if buttons
                          are worked with sand-paper ore something like that you will certainly notice this.
                          Repro-buttons arent wel made like the orginals.
                          The rayon looks legit in pants,and rayon has stopped beeing produced approx late 1950
                          since nylon replaced rayon, then.
                          Ore it is a very old repro , maybe private tailored ore a old deaht stock item
                          lets hear wat others have to say.
                          Because there is always something to learn.
                          Last edited by pak 75; 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hi,

If the buttons or the only problem I do not really understand.

- There are examples of the same wool used for original jackets and trousers.
                            This wool is old wool and not new made. It smels, feels old.
                            - There is dust of years into the deep seams of the pockets, not just put into it... You would see the difference.
                            - The trousers have clear traces of being really used, in and outside. No artificial aging!
                            - The back of the watch-pocket has the reinforcment, mostly not seen on repro's.
                            - The linging is real rayon. I didn't see it on repro's before.

PY, you say your trousers have the same 'features'. What do you want to say with that? I think my trousers have all the features of a textbook example. Exept maybe the buttons...?
                            Do you have clear pictures of your trousers?

Thanks

Comment

Just found in one of my books: 'Infanterist des Deutschen Heeres' on page 41.
                              All metal buttons exept the watch pocket.
                              I also seen M40 trousers with only metal buttons...

Regards

Comment

Certain features I really like, I vote good ..

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X